Respected Contributor

I'm just wondering if any of you have a dishwasher with the third rack and how do you like it?

Respected Contributor

Do you mean the third rack for cutlery? If so, we got a Bosch a couple of years ago that came with a third rack for cutlery, as well as the traditional cutlery basket. At the time, I didn't think we'd use that rack very much, but that's what we wound up using all the time. We put the basket away and have a lot more room for dishes and bowls on the bottom rack as a result. . 

Esteemed Contributor

I also have a Bosch and use it all the time. Great for small prep bowls. 

Honored Contributor

We have a Bosch with the third rack but it is used for small cups and shallow bowls and tongs and such.  It is full every night. 

Respected Contributor

Yes that is what I meant.  Thank you for your answer Eileen in VA.

Honored Contributor

I love it! Use it for Lock N Lock lids, small/light items like measuring spoons, very sharp knives, racks that I use to put cookies on to cool off, etc. Would miss it greatly if I didn't have it.

Respected Contributor

We just bought a Bosch.  It will be delivered tomorrow.  I didn't want the third rack, so we bought one without it.  (Why pay extra for something you don't want?)  Sounds like others really like it.  Oh well!  Woman Frustrated

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

We have a new dishwasher-a Whirlpool.  We had it a few days before I even realized we have that rack.   I still forget about it sometimes.  I am getting to like it and try different utensils up there.

Honored Contributor

We have a GE with a rack used for knives, lids, spurtle, spatulas, measuring spoons. The rack is not adjustable.

love it!!

Honored Contributor
I have one dishwasher with a (shallow) top rack. I wonder if DH can remove it? I forgot the few times I put stuff up there and searched everywhere for several carving knives. I don't really use it or like it. But I love the dishwasher. Roomy, stainless steel interior, quiet, features that I use. And it was made in the USA. I think its a GE.