Valued Contributor

Something to remember: My brother, an auto mechanics teacher told me 40 yrs. ago, that the more mechanics something has the more that can go wrong. I have a very simple washer and dryer and have never had any trouble with them.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/21/2014 sarpy said:

Something to remember: My brother, an auto mechanics teacher told me 40 yrs. ago, that the more mechanics something has the more that can go wrong. I have a very simple washer and dryer and have never had any trouble with them.

Exactly. When I bought my washer I also bought a range and refrigerator and I bought basic models with no bells and whistles. I have always done that and it has served me well.

I have had friends tell me they spent 3 times what I do and have to repair/replace frequently.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor
On 2/21/2014 sarpy said:

4 years ago i moved into a new build home with all builder grade appliances. I have no complaints about any of them at all thus far. I have not heard any of my neighbors complain either. We are going to need to replace the timer on our washer soon as it is making an ominous ticking noise while the washer is running so DH priced them out at the appliance parts store - $15. The simpler the better.
Frequent Contributor

Where did you hear this - When we went to look at washers we found out the government will no longer allow warm rinses,and the temperature of the water is also controlled as well.

I have a new whirlpool cabrio. I have hot water wash and warm water rinses. So I am confused by this. Unless this just happened since January.

That said I have a top loader without the agitator. LOVE IT!!!! I have pets. Pets who sometimes have accidents. I HAVE to be able to soak. The best way to do that is with a top loader. Plus I can stick anything in there. Without the agitator there is lots of room.

LOVE IT!!!

Super Contributor
On 2/19/2014 Shelbelle said:

I still love my top loader, agitator and all, and if I was to replace it today, would still get same thing, I am partial to Whirlpool, given me lots of longevity. My friend also had to replace her Samsung front loader quickly, also died on her and no repair place would even come near it.

I will only buy a top loader... and Kenmore is my choice, then Electrolux...