Valued Contributor

Nellie's Laundry Item--Today's Special for Friday on HSN

Does anyone have any info on this Today's Special on HSN-----item, price, etc.

Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Nellie's Laundry Item--Today's Special for Friday on HSN

You probably know by now, but in case Smile:

-3.3 lb. tin Nellie's Laundry Soda

-(2) 1.6 lb. bags Nellie's Laundry Soda

-1.764 lb. bagNellie's Oxygen Brightener

$34.95 and $2.95 S&H (Free S&H on future auto. del. I believe)

This has lots of great reviews wondering if anyone here has/does use it? If so, wondering how it does with HE washers...still use the same an amount? Has it worked with cold, warm and hot washes?

Thank you for the thread marky and for any input and/or info. anyone may have. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

Nellie's Laundry Soda: I have used this product for a few years now and LOVE it!! I do have an HE washer and I just use 1 1/2 scoops since the washer holds a larger load size. No fragrance or residue with great cleaning power. Now, having said that, our clothes never get anything like motor oil or car grease on them so I do not know how well Nellie's would clean in that case. I also do not have dirty diapers to clean either. But, for all the every day laundry issues, Nellie's has worked well for us!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

**SIDE NOTE: HSN offers Nellie's in a 500 load bucket for around $60.00 and that is how I usually buy it. Occasionally they offer it with free shipping and I "scoop" it up!!! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

Never heard of it.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I've used this before and while I do like it, I wouldn't personally order it again from HSN. I originally bought a tin of the product (which also came with dryer balls) from HSN. Within a month or so of purchasing I saw it at TJ Maxx, of all places-up by the registers. It was WAY cheaper of course! I know things are hit or miss @ TJs, but even if I never find that item again I just can't pay full price for it another time!:-0
Honored Contributor

I'd never heard of it before but it sounds good. I'm tempted to get it.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the input and info. Smile

peacefulsoul, could you let me know how you use this w/your HE washer? (Could I ask if it is front or top load?) I found directions that say to just mix the Nellie's in with the dry clothes before the water. But I also found some other info. from users who said that they let it mix with water before adding the clothes to be effective. (This would be a little more difficult for us, but if it works better, I would like to consider it.)

glmama...thank you! I will check our TJMaxx, too! Since this product is new to me, I may have missed it at the stores by us.

Curious about using the products with the spin mop, too.

Thank you again!

Honored Contributor

I stopped by Marshalls a little bit ago on my way home & they had some! I paid $5.99 for a bag.

Honored Contributor

Did someone say spin mop? I have the spin mop! Got it from HSN! Never used it yet, but I have it!

Sometimes I sound like Shannon! Ha! But I really do have all of this ummm stuff! Kinda shows how ummm dumb(?) I am. Naw!

Contributor

ChrisO: My washer is front load and I put the Nellie's in the little "drawer" at the top front of the washer where the detergent goes. When the cycle begins, water is flushed into the drawer and then is flushed down into the tub. Hope that helps! Smiley Happy