Respected Contributor

New Gas Stove recommendations.......

We are installing a new gas stove/refrigerator with my kitchen redo and wanted to know the best manufacturer to choose.   I have read stories here of appliances that only last a few years, hard to replace parts, etc., and wanted your expertise.   Thanks for your input.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Gas Stove recommendations.......

We've had GE appliances for decades--in different homes--and have never had a problem with any of them.  We don't get all the fancy stuff, just the features that we want.

Frequent Contributor

I've been happy with LG.  Just got all new appliances.  One of the "special" features in the oven didn't work (you knocked on the window to turn on the light), so they sent out a man the next day and he had it fixed in a few minutes.  It had been a loose connection.  So I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.  BTW I bought everything from Home Depot.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 :  Thank you for that recommendation....Costco carries the GE line so will look there.

Respected Contributor

@Elbelle wrote:

I've been happy with LG.  Just got all new appliances.  One of the "special" features in the oven didn't work (you knocked on the window to turn on the light), so they sent out a man the next day and he had it fixed in a few minutes.  It had been a loose connection.  So I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.  BTW I bought everything from Home Depot.

@Elbelle :  I am glad to hear that HD came out so quickly.  I wasn't sure if they had readily available help since I think most of the services are outside contractors.  Costco also carries the LG line.  Thank you.

Frequent Contributor

Just want to clarify so that you have the correct info...I called LG Customer Support directly, and they sent out the tech.  Home Depot had nothing to do with it.  I had not purchased any extended warranties or "protection plans."

Respected Contributor

@Elbelle :  Thank you for that tidbit....

Respected Contributor

@Hoovermom If you're talking gas cooktop, I suggest a Kitchenaid.  I had to be one with a downdraft because the connection was there.  The downdraft is what made it so expensive.  It was approx $2K, but worth every penny.  I believe KA makes a gas cooktop without the downdraft, although I'm not 100% positive.  You can check it out. I finally got rid of my GE and couldn't be happier.  That GE never, ever looked clean -- glass cooktop and the KA never looks dirty, grimey or greasy.  Cooks beautifully.  Did I say I love it.  I do!!!  Wish I caved and bought it sooner. 

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker :  I should have said a slide in gas range. Costco sells Kitchenaid also and will probably buy from them.  Thanks so much for the recommendation.  I don't like the glass cooktops either (DIL has one, same problems as you).   Glad you are enjoying your cooktop.

Honored Contributor

Bosch, Empava