Respected Contributor

Re: Need to decide on paint color for LR and stairway

Here is a nice grey pattern that would look good with the Almond Wisp.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_689304-47633-L407001_0Z1z10vq3__?productId=50399576&pl=1&Ntt=carpet+tiles

Esteemed Contributor

tigriss...Thanks so much!...I will check them out, although I'm not exactly a DIY type of person when it comes to installing any type of flooring and doing it with my husband could very well lead to a divorce!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

I also mean to add that ours wasn't the glue down or peel and stick kind.  The stay in place very well with the kids and adults running about.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Tigriss wrote:

I like a calming blue green in muted shades with an antique white that isn't stark but calming to the eye. Spa colors. A light grey would be great for the carpet to be neutral and calming. I would do one or two of the walls in the color and the rest in the white, or paint the ceiling the color and the walls in the white to open up the ceiling even more. A colored ceiling with some color brought down on to the walls carries the eye up to make the space seem larger and airy feeling.

Don't forget about carpet tiles instead of wall to wall.  Carpet tiles can mix the colors you like to create all kinds of different looks and be easily replaced when they get stains that can't be removed.  I nice texture that is subtle would also be great!

Interesting!...How do these work?...I'm wondering how carpet tiles would be placed on top of padding?

OP...There are so many shades of beautiful grays and it seems that grays have become a very popular neutral color for walls!...It is always exciting to do a complete room makeover!...Enjoy!

http://www.flor.com/

Check this totally-fab website out, and get on their catalog and email lists. 

It's especially recommended if you have pets.  8)

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much, feline groovy!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Thanks so much, feline groovy!

You're welcome so much, wildflowers.  :womanhappy:

Respected Contributor

Flor.com is super great! Awesome tiles and patters! WOW. I don't TV services, so I don't commercials to know about all these products.
Respected Contributor

Ok. I tried to reply to someone's questions about install, but the message is gone now.

1. If you need to replace just one carpet tile, you just pull the tile up and pop in a new one.  Most installers will recommend you to have a spare box of tiles on hand for just that issue.  You just pop it out to clean it as well.

2. A carpet knife is curved  so that little effort is needed to cut the tile.  You just pull instead of pushing down and pulling like you would with a box cutter's straight blade.  Unless you are doing the install, you don't need them.

3. If you just want to make an area rug from them, you just measure your space you want to cover and buy that many tiles.  Most carpet tiles are 18" by 18", then you just divide your width and length by 18 to see how many across and down you will need and fill int he blanks with tiles to make the square or rectangle rug you want.

I can't remember any of the other questions because my cat walked across my computer, hitting the mouse and poof, it was all gone!

Super Contributor

Thanks @Tigriss.  That was me.  I deleted it because I didn't think I should hijack someone else's thread about paint color.  You helped me very much in the thread that I started.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
Flor.com is super great! Awesome tiles and patters! WOW. I don't TV services, so I don't commercials to know about all these products.

Glad you like their super-cool stuff!  8)

Yep; I haven't owned a television for at least the last 5 years (can't yet afford to replace my very old broken one), so I don't see most commercials as well.

Except for any that air on Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Crackle, YouTube, and TV network websites.