Respected Contributor

Re: Need to decide on paint color for LR and stairway

I haven't heard of Crackle, so I'll check it out. I do Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and Acorn (British Shows). Thanks for sharing.
Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
I haven't heard of Crackle, so I'll check it out. I do Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and Acorn (British Shows). Thanks for sharing.

And I'll check out Acorn.

Thanks for sharing, too.  8)

Honored Contributor

I haven't read the other posts..........If you have plenty of light/skylights, then any color that you love would be wonderful.  You can treat the stairway and hallway as a 'separate' area, maybe using an accent color.   For dark areas (not much light), I would use white/off white, which would keep that space from being too dark, also safety-wise.  Light wall color is always better when stairs are there. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I've been hoping (for years) to find out whether or not those carpet tiles have an odor (similar to new carpeting).  I'm seriously thinking of ordering carpet tiles.  If anyone here recalls, please let me know.  But, thinking out loud, it's probably a lot easier to 'air out' (outgassing) any odors when carpeting is in tile form.  Can air them out easier outside on nice days or in the basement, before installing them in a bedroom or any other room for that matter.  Smiley Happy

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I haven't read all replies, but will quickly offer up one suggestion.

You mention getting new carpet as well. I have looked at and decided on  carpet a number of times and I would consider choosing carpet first, or at least in conjunction with the choosing of the paint color. In my experience it is easier to get an exact color or shade with paint, but not as many choices in carpeting. If it were my project, I'd be laying out samples of both, together at exactly the same time, and not get a paint bought and applied, then be surprised that I couldn't find the exact type of floor covering in the exact color to match/coordinate to my liking.