Honored Contributor

Hi Chi-town girl.  I just looked, she has sold over 191 thousand.  I think this is amazing.  Is there a Hall of Fame for TV vendors lol. I have a mop with that bucket spin thing.  This one is so much easier.  I was not looking to purchase one but I have been known to change my mind.  Glad you got your colorSmiley Happy  Happy New Year to you too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I hate mops. I use a microfiber mop in between cleanings. I either use my Floormate or my floor steamer. Aldi's has their version of the spin mop & bucket in their ad starting this Weds. the 6th. for $19.99. Includes spin bucket, 2 mop head refills and telescoping handle.

Before  I ordered the miracle mop last night I looked into the spin mop - and found a couple of youtube reviews.  A common problem was the handle sarted to bend after a few uses!  The Aldi's version is probably similar. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you on mops....I checked the "other" channel and they have spent 9 hours on that thing today. If I ever buy a mop, I won't buy it from a TV show, but of course that is just me. I've bought a couple of JM products and thought they were junk - except for the hangers. To each her own.....!

Honored Contributor

Ok I did order the white one.  No bucket lol.  I like that you do not need a bucket to wring it out and that you can wash the mop head.  I have the spin mop and I do not like it at all.  I spent over $30 for it at Walmart.  Joy's looks much easier to use.

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I hate mops. I use a microfiber mop in between cleanings. I either use my Floormate or my floor steamer. Aldi's has their version of the spin mop & bucket in their ad starting this Weds. the 6th. for $19.99. Includes spin bucket, 2 mop head refills and telescoping handle.

Before  I ordered the miracle mop last night I looked into the spin mop - and found a couple of youtube reviews.  A common problem was the handle sarted to bend after a few uses!  The Aldi's version is probably similar. 

I really did not pay much attention to Joy's mop. It did look like the handle part was plastic. The one from Aldi's does not have a full plastic handle. I don't know if the mop head is microfiber like Joy's or if it's cotton. It does not say in their ad.

Honored Contributor

I had never seen HSN, Joy, or her mop. But I did see the movie. While I was looking at the TV menu at midnight, I saw her name on HSN so I turned it on out of curiosity. I ended up making an account and ordering her mop. I use a sponge mop, so I thought I'd try this! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I ordered her mop as I owned the original and liked it.  However, this new one is not good.  I ordered two and they were both defective.

It's a very heavy mop when wet.  I can't use it at all.  The handle bends trying to mop the floor and it doesn't wring out like shown on TV.

The reviews are bad also.  So sorry I even messed with it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Miracle Mop -can't get mop head on mop

I hate this mop.  I tried to put the clean mop head on and can't figure it out.  I called HSN and they can only give you a phone number for Joy's company in NY.  The instructions are worthless IMO for putting the mop head back on.  Now mine is a tangled mess.  I'm returning the mop and extra mop head.  Worst product I have ever seen.  HSN doesn't seem to offer any help other than a phone number. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you looked on youtube for extra instructions? Check out this one, by ajruck. He is a hoot and Joy ought to hire him! He gives his review and opens up the mop, goes through the steps. His commentary is hilarious. Typical guy thing! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIDVtI4BS4

Honored Contributor

The BEST INSTRUCTIONS for using the Joy Mangano NEW Miracle Mop!!

Published on Jan 22, 2016

I will show you in a clear and concise way how to get the most out of your Miracle Mop. From mopping and wringing, to removing and replacing the mop head. It's pretty simple once you know how, and with the self wringing system and the amazing braided head, it really is the best mop out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prMnBvQ_CWU&feature=em-share_video_user

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein