Regular Contributor

i need a long handled mop to wash my ceilings, which are high. Husband can't climb the ladder anymore. Anybody know of a long pole to reach. Need one just a little longer then the normal size.

Respected Contributor

Do you want to wash your ceiling or just dust brush them?  I recently bought  one of the micro dust mops (I think it was Joe Campenlla, or something like that) and it works great.  The handle is adjustable.

Honored Contributor

I'm soooo hoping the OP means to dust the ceilings, otherwise, I feel like a real slob!!!!!  Never in my many years on this earth have I ever washed a ceiling!  Smiley Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

Frontgate.com may have a long handled mop etc.

Honored Contributor

We are a very clean family and NEVER have we washed a ceiling. We are still giggling from what 

Respected Contributor

Amazon has numerous wet/dry microfiber mops with either extension poles or telescoping poles that would reach the average home ceiling.

I try to be neat & clean, but have never mopped a ceiling.  More power to you for being so meticulous.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Microfiber mop

[ Edited ]

I have heard of washing the walls, but never heard of washing OR dusting the ceiling.

I would need at least a 12 foot ladder to even touch most of my ceilings, so they need to remain dirty/dusty!

Hats off to you for completing this task!

Honored Contributor

Only ceiling I've ever washed was in the bathroom. I don't like the stains you get from the steamy baths and showers. Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

If the OP truly means washing as with soap and water, I see this ending badly.  She'd probably end up with a smeared up mess.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Perhaps OP has something other than a typical ceiling made of drywall or plaster. Perhaps the ceiling is made of some kind of smooth washable surface.

Also, I have seen people paint ceilings with gloss paint (not my style but I have seen it done) and that would be pretty washable with a microfiber mop.