Honored Contributor

I saw on line you can use it for cleaning,does any one do this?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Isn't it a waste of good vodka (or even mediocre vodka) when you can substitute plain, much cheaper rubbing alcohol?

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

I remember seeing Kirstie Alley doing this on Oprah.

http://www.oprah.com/home/kirstie-alleys-housekeeping-tips-video

Honored Contributor

That's alcohol abuse!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Valued Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

That was more or less what I was thinking!!

And I agree with the previous poster regarding using cheaper cleaning alternatives to vodka. No matter how cheap the liquor, other household alternatives would be a better value. 

Honored Contributor

That kinda reminds me of the "BOOST" commercial...............At first, I thought they were telling us to drink BOOZE for "more energy".......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

Isn't it a waste of good vodka (or even mediocre vodka) when you can substitute plain, much cheaper rubbing alcohol?

Rubbing alcohol is toxic. It leaves behind residue that is not good. Vodka...well that's self-expanatory.Woman Very Happy I don't drink it but I do use it as a toner sometimes.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@violann wrote:

Rubbing alcohol is toxic. It leaves behind residue that is not good. Vodka...well that's self-expanatory.Woman Very Happy I don't drink it but I do use it as a toner sometimes.

@SilleeMee     A toner for your hair?     Like a wave set?    I might be interested in that........I haven't found a shade of "Fancifull" that doesn't fade the minute I go outside in the sun...................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Vodka for cleaning

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi,

I use vodka as a skin toner. I have heard of people putting a shot of vodka in shampoo to make it a "clarifying" shampoo. You should probably avoid vodka in your hair if it is colored....might strip it.

"Everclear" is actually better to use as a cleaner...it's about 95% ethanol and it's inexpensive.  There is one vodka that is higher, 98%, but it's costly.