Honored Contributor

Does anyone own microfiber sheets and pillowcases?  Do you like them?  How do they wash?  Are they soft?  Any info. appreciated.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I had some.  Didn't like them.  Too much static.  Prefer a cotton/poly blend.

Honored Contributor

The ones I've bought are very thin and lightweight.  Most are very inexpensive, which should be a clue as to their quality.  No, I didn't care for them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have bought some also - very inexpensive. But they are too lightweight for me. I've also bought some bamboo sheets which are just OK. Keep going back to cotton.

Super Contributor

NOPE!  They dom' seem to have that small stretch or give that cotton, etc. does. Too stiff for my liking. 

Respected Contributor

I have some very inexpensive ones from HSN (Concierge).  I like them.  They are feather-light and very smooth.  I've always wondered why people don't like them.

I wanted a cotton set as well and ordered from over stock sheets which promised to be soft as peach fuzz.  Nope, not at all, even after washing. Too rough, too costly to return after washing they probably wouldn't take them.   I have no point here except to take an opportunity to complain.

Honored Contributor

I own a few but I don’t care for them.

I have my sheets and pillowcases dry cleaned.

I like them wrinkle free and very clean.

I have a lot of sheets.  I use microfiber cloths on my face to get the dead skin off two times a day.

My favorite sheets are 1,000 thread count.  I wash them before I take them to the cleaners.  If I don’t put them right on my washer, they make it lopsided.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Microfiber Sheets

[ Edited ]

I bought a couple of sets of "Brushed Microfiber Linen" from Amazon. 

I just checked.  I bought the first set in 2014 and the second in 2017. 

The thread count is 1500 threads per nch.  They are extremely soft and much thinner than "regular" sheets.

I really like them and rarely use any of the other sheets in the linen closet.  And - for almost 7 year old sheets - they don't look "used" at all.

----------------------

ETA  microfiber refers to the size of the threads, not what the threads are made of.  

Valued Contributor

I am with the majority I think.  I did not like them.  I found them to be too warm.  Prefer Egyptian cotton.

Honored Contributor
  •  

@ALRATIBA 

Microfiber (or microfibre) is synthetic fiber finer than one denier or decitex/thread, having a diameter of less than ten micrometres. A strand of silk is about one denier and about a fifth of the diameter of a human hair.

Close-up view of microfiber cloth Microfiber cloth suitable for cleaning sensitive surfaces

The most common types of microfiber are made variously of polyesters; polyamides (e.g., nylon, Kevlar, Nomex, trogamide); and combinations of polyester, polyamide, and polypropylene.

From Wikipedia

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment