Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden I totally understand and I am so sick of hearing home shows and commericals talking about something being "dated".  I have been  in my house for 45 years and yes we have updated some but only because of maintenace repairs and standard upkeep.  I have friends that come over and say, oh...when are you going to update your cabinets to white ones...your wooden cabinets are outdated!!! I tell them when they fall off the wall, I will replace them and I am not interested in white cabinets.

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@SeaMaiden I totally understand and I am so sick of hearing home shows and commericals talking about something being "dated".  I have been  in my house for 45 years and yes we have updated some but only because of maintenace repairs and standard upkeep.  I have friends that come over and say, oh...when are you going to update your cabinets to white ones...your wooden cabinets are outdated!!! I tell them when they fall off the wall, I will replace them and I am not interested in white cabinets.

@happilyretiredgirl   Thank You! I am sick of it too.... so much emphasis on this back splash...or THAT flooring...I could care less. My house is clean...always repaired inside and out... I will remove appliances etc, but, I am not going to ever do a new kitchen remodel... the hassle, interruptions...mess, noise....forget it.  The new owners of the house can do that when I sell.  Same with bathrooms.... clean and functional is just fine....

Honored Contributor

@Snooky60 wrote:

@SeaMaiden - what's wrong with people! And what happened to- if you don't have anything nice to say......  You won't miss that friend💗💗💗

@Snooky60  We were BEST FRIENDS too.....but I noticed it was a pattern of hers....to always try to bring me down a notch...I have not seen her in 10 years....and do not miss her at all. 

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@happilyretiredgirl   I tell the "snobs"....that I'll remodel when THEY are ready to pay for it....    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I do like all my major appliances to be the same brand because I want the finishes and handles to match. My neighbor is of the same opinion, so I guess there are a few of us weirdos out there. 

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

Yes, I do like all my major appliances to be the same brand because I want the finishes and handles to match. My neighbor is of the same opinion, so I guess there are a few of us weirdos out there. 

@CJC  No one calling anyone names...it is just what is important to each person or not. No one should be put down for what they think is important. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't care if my appliances don't match. 

If anyone came to see me and was snarky because gasp, my appliances were not color coordinated they can find their own way out.