Respected Contributor

When I moved into my house 9 years ago, we replaced all the old mismatched appliances with Kenmore Elite appliances that all matched in color and style. My dishwasher died over the summer and could not be fixed so we replaced it.  I researched brands and decided to get a Bosch 300 which is stainless steel so it matches in color but not style the Kenmore appliances.  Now my microwave died and needs to be replaced.  Bosch microwaves got horrible reviews so I went with a GE Profile model which will be delivered Friday.  It is also stainless steel but will not match in style to the dishwasher or other appliances.  Hopefully nothing else needs to be replaced but if it does hopefully I can replace with GE Profile appliances that will at least match the microwave.  I am hoping everything will look ok as I am a little worried about everything not matching.  Would this bother you?

QVC Customer Care
Respected Contributor

No.  And most people will never notice.  Very few people have matching appliances if they've lived in their home any length of time.  And people come to see you--not your appliances!  In fact, I'm thinking of my friends' and families' homes, and I can't tell you what brand of appliances they have or remember how they even look.

Respected Contributor

Would not bother me at all if they were not all the same brand.  I like my appliances to all be the same color but have always tried to purchase the best rated brand of each category.  I have never had all the same brand.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Years ago when I was shopping for new appliances where I used to live, I went to an applance store that sold GE, whirlpool, etc...but also sold high end appliances like Viking, Dacor, Wolf, etc.  I'm a very matchy person when it comes to stuff in my home and I wanted everything to match.  I remember the salesman saying many of his customers do care of the appliances match, especially the professional grade appliances.  He said that they'd buy a Subzero refridgerator, Viking stove/oven and a Bosch dishwasher.  Not that I bought professional grade, but I didn't get everything matching.  But, now many years later, we moved across country.  Bought a house with the higher end appliances and the original owners did put in a Subzxero, Dacor stove and ovens and Bosch dishwasher.  But, I also have cabinets panels over the dishwasher and fridge so you can't tell anyway. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Matching appliances

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

When I moved into my house 9 years ago, we replaced all the old mismatched appliances with Kenmore Elite appliances that all matched in color and style. My dishwasher died over the summer and could not be fixed so we replaced it.  I researched brands and decided to get a Bosch 300 which is stainless steel so it matches in color but not style the Kenmore appliances.  Now my microwave died and needs to be replaced.  Bosch microwaves got horrible reviews so I went with a GE Profile model which will be delivered Friday.  It is also stainless steel but will not match in style to the dishwasher or other appliances.  Hopefully nothing else needs to be replaced but if it does hopefully I can replace with GE Profile appliances that will at least match the microwave.  I am hoping everything will look ok as I am a little worried about everything not matching.  Would this bother you?

@ninjawife  Not me. I just could care less if things match or not. I want them to work. I feel I have no one to impress...and if and when I sell my house, the new owners can do whatever they please....I do not live in my home and decorate it for anyone but ME.

I have a memory of after I bought my first home( the present home I am in)...I was so excited and could not wait to show my best friend...the first words that came out of her mouth when she walked inside was....."Oh, it is so dated"...

I was CRUSHED...AND I was hurt so bad by her statement...I never felt the same about our friendship again....and eventually I ended it.   She was a snob...and jealous so she said something hurtful.  

I am not someone to feel I must keep up with others....and have the perfect everything match-y match-y... 

Regular Contributor

I could care less if appliances don't match. Performance is what's important.

Respected Contributor

@ninjawife   It would not bother me in the least, since I have NOTHING that matches (except for my washer/dryer).   They are all stainless, but I buy based on the item's reviews/quality/brand/and features.

Enjoy your new appliances....  may you get a lot of good years from them!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

No.  And most people will never notice.  Very few people have matching appliances if they've lived in their home any length of time.  And people come to see you--not your appliances!  In fact, I'm thinking of my friends' and families' homes, and I can't tell you what brand of appliances they have or remember how they even look.

@Ainhisg ❤️ Thank-you

Regular Contributor

Not at all - and like others don't sense others will notice or care. I just sold two homes and one couple said -I bet this bothers you - things I felt were imperfect and they said the atmosphere was so pleasant didn't bother abit and I received everything in the sale I asked for. So things that bother me others don't necessarily recognize