Trusted Contributor

Looking for essential oil diffuser

i am new to essential oils and so far I have not used a diffuser. I buy my oils from Eden’s Garden, but there seem to be so many out there with mixed reviews. Do you love yours, and, if so, where did you get yours? Thank you in advance for all responses.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for essential oil diffuser

You can find them pretty much anywhere...I have three, one was a gift, the other two I got from amazon...I use it everyday in my office.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

There are a lot of diffusers on the market. You can get some of the new models with bells and whistles; or you can stick with the diffusers which require the use of a flame tealight that heats the oil to permeate the fragrance through the air.  I prefer the tealight heating the oil.  Yankee Candle has some of the latter and you can buy a 100ct. bag of tealights at Bed Bath Beyond for less than $10.  If you want one of the more fancy diffusers I have seen several models in store at Bed Bath Beyond.  Wayfair and other home stores would also be somewhere to look for them.  Of course you can probably find one at Amazon, but the selection may be such a large number that it's difficult to narrow the search.  Amazon has an extensive selection of fragrance oils too.  Crazy Candle is a brand I frequently buy  from Amazon.  Also, I find the oils from Yankee Candle to be quite good.  

Honored Contributor

@joannecha 

Please be careful with oils and pets.  Some of the oils are toxic or can cause allergies/breathing problems.

Valued Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

i am new to essential oils and so far I have not used a diffuser. I buy my oils from Eden’s Garden, but there seem to be so many out there with mixed reviews. Do you love yours, and, if so, where did you get yours? Thank you in advance for all responses.

Too bad we can't exchange info here, I'm going to be selling mine on Ebay soon...lol

The best ones are ultrasonic or atomizing ones...I wouldn't get anything that heats the oils up, especially if you are getting them from Eden's Garden. You are already paying for good essential oils, don't ruin them with heat. Also, many essential oils are flammable, so adding an open flame is risky.

Diffuser World has one called the Aroma Pro ($45) that's good. They have others too, but more expensive.

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@joannecha 

Please be careful with oils and pets.  Some of the oils are toxic or can cause allergies/breathing problems.

Good point. Cats are especially prone to issues with essential oils

Respected Contributor

Radha Beauty Essential Oil Diffuser 160ml Ultrasonic Cool Mist Aromatherapy from "A". It's $15.95. I have 2 of them & I love it

I also have one from Do Terra which is great, but cost quit a bit more.
I like NOW Essential Oils.

I really think that using the diffuser helps to keep us from getting sick. I don't know if it's just keeping moisture in the air, but it does seem to help so I run them all of the time.

Frequent Contributor

@lolakimono 

I was going to post the exact same thing. 😊

Also... just to add...be careful if anyone in the home has asthma.

My husband has it and a few months ago he had an asthma attack because we walked into a store that was using essential oils. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, lolakimono, but all my doggies are in doggie heaven.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@joannecha 

Hi, I've picked up some cool ones at TJMaxx, Marshall's. The electric kind  are super easy to use, convenient and mine can be run intermittently so that if you want to slow the release of the diffusing so it's not so saturated. Auto shut off feature is the best. They run about six hours until needing a refill. About $20. I know I spent no more. Marshall's at Christmas had a slew of styles for every decor.

⚓️