Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for essential oil diffuser

Since oils  can get pricey, learn what the benefits are of each oil.  Dr. Mercola has good info on his site that you can download or print for free.

There is an herbalist that I shop and they use a cool mist type diffuser. They often mix their own blends and I also recommend not heating them on direct flame or drops on a lightbulb.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a nebulizer type of diffuser. With that kind you don't dilute anything with water nor is there a need to clean anything after use. It uses far less oil than anything else I've tried, including the cool-mist ultrasonic diffusers, and that is important to me because some of my oils are pricey. Nebulizers are not inexpensive but you'll save money when using less oil.

I own the Aroma-Ace Diffuser...looks like this:

aromaace01.jpg

All you have to do is screw on your vials of oil onto the back side and remove and store the vials the way they come. No need to clean any part on the device. The knobs on the front adjusts output, interval-timing and operating timer...in other words it's fully adjustable and you can control your mist to fit your needs.

Contributor

Reading all the replies before I commented. So many of you are not using a real essential oil. Mostly fragrance oils, some that claim to be an essential oil but truly are not. I wish we were able to post more in the forums. Essential oils can be used safely with pets, many oils can be used on pets, as well as internally as well. The only company I feel safe to use is Young Living. They are a 25 year old company. Grow all of the plants, distill in house and the only place you can go to their farm 365 days a year and be a part of the whole process. I have so much good information to share on why you should use this company over others but due to forum rules it can’t be posted here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Debra Nugent wrote:

Reading all the replies before I commented. So many of you are not using a real essential oil. Mostly fragrance oils, some that claim to be an essential oil but truly are not. I wish we were able to post more in the forums. Essential oils can be used safely with pets, many oils can be used on pets, as well as internally as well. The only company I feel safe to use is Young Living. They are a 25 year old company. Grow all of the plants, distill in house and the only place you can go to their farm 365 days a year and be a part of the whole process. I have so much good information to share on why you should use this company over others but due to forum rules it can’t be posted here.

I saw only one poster here who mentioned 'fragrance oils'...??  'Real essential oil'...?? as opposed to...

Valued Contributor

@Debra Nugent wrote:

No, you can actually kill a cat with certain ESSENTIAL oils, no matter how they are distilled. Cats are extremely sensitive to essences. Some dogs too, especially small dogs, can have issues with certain oils, but animals can't tell you to stop using them, they just suffer. 

Honored Contributor

@joannecha  I love mine.  You use water and several drops of the essential oil or oils.   It's very quiet.  Check out Target as they have a nice selection or they did have a nice selection.  

kindness is strength
Contributor

@SilleeMee  If the bottle says, not to apply on skin, or that it has additives. It’s not a pure EO.

Contributor

@Quse @Many EOs can be used safely in and on pets, even cats. There are some that should not be applied to an cat but can be safely diffused in a room with plenty of airflow and a place for the cat to leave the space if they do not like the scent. All issues with cats health and EOs can be traced back no a non pure EO made with solvents that the cats react to. We have a 17 year old cat who has been around EOs for years and loves his EO infused cat treats

Esteemed Contributor

Some essential oils like tea tree should never be applied directly to the skin. Far too harsh and needs to be mixed with a carrier oil. 

I've mixed my own Thieves oil. I would also never use cinnamon bark or clove oil directly on the skin, either.