Honored Contributor

Re: Living Room With White Washed Ceiling

To me what ties the room together, gives it substance and  a focal point and presence is the piece over the fireplace.

Without that it would be a disjointed mess and you wouldn't know where to look. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@jubilant 

The chandelier and crest are out of place to me.  The chandelier says dungeon, like maybe the couple has "whitewashed" their main room but has a secret room for "other" activities.  Cat SurprisedCat Embarassed

@lolakimono  I didn't care for that chandelier either.  It does give that feeling of a dark castle to me.  I got a kick out of the "other" room.  Torture chamber, perhaps? LOL!

@jubilant 

"naughty" pine

Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

I like the wood floor and the roll up shades on the windows.  That's about it!!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@jubilant 

The chandelier and crest are out of place to me.  The chandelier says dungeon, like maybe the couple has "whitewashed" their main room but has a secret room for "other" activities.  Cat SurprisedCat Embarassed

@lolakimono  I didn't care for that chandelier either.  It does give that feeling of a dark castle to me.  I got a kick out of the "other" room.  Torture chamber, perhaps? LOL!

@jubilant 

"naughty" pine

Cat LOL

@lolakimono  OH...That's a good one!!

Honored Contributor

It would be a lovely room with interesting architectural elements but that crest over the fireplace is hideous and ruins the whole effect.  Better to have nothing.  8 like the ceiling a lot. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Oznell   This is the sofa pillow combination I finally decided on for my sofa.  It's the one on the left. The only difference is I bought the cream pillow in a lumbar. My sofa is cream with some soft tan and brown threads running through it.  It  looks a lot like the cream in the pairing I picked out.   I want to do a throw on the other end.  Not sure what color to get.  I do have one of the blue/gray wildflower pillows left over so may throw that on top of whatever throw I buy. I do have a dusty navy/denim leather chair the extra wildflower pillow would  look good on if I choose just the throw for the other end of my sofa.

Wildflower Pillow Cover Blue Grey Pillow Cover Grey Rust image 2

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It would be a lovely room with interesting architectural elements but that crest over the fireplace is hideous and ruins the whole effect.  Better to have nothing.  8 like the ceiling a lot. 

@Kachina624    Yes, I would want to definitely change that crest out for something else.

Honored Contributor

This is a very pretty room with much appeal.  I do love the ceiling.  The only change I would make is the furniture, I prefer a different style of couch and chairs.  Other than that very nice warm area!

Trusted Contributor

I do like the white washed ceiling.

Cons for me the crest over fp

coffee table 

rugs

pillows

the windows over the lower windows.

everything else is doable with me..

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having encountered many bats (over the years), I would never want a ceiling that high. 

I'm also wondering how much trouble that grandfather clock would be to wind. (It's kind of in a crowded area.)