Respected Contributor

Re: Living Room With White Washed Ceiling

There is ALOT to love about that room!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Oh, I love that pillow combination you chose, @jubilant -- it looks like they would be perfect with the other elements of the room!

Honored Contributor

I am not fond of whatever that coat of arms is above the fireplace and I don't like the chadelier style.  The rest of the room is just okay.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@jubilant 

The chandelier and crest are out of place to me.  The chandelier says dungeon, like maybe the couple has "whitewashed" their main room but has a secret room for "other" activities.  Cat SurprisedCat Embarassed

@lolakimono Yes, especially with the coat of arms, a real skull and bones moment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

To me what ties the room together, gives it substance and  a focal point and presence is the piece over the fireplace.

Without that it would be a disjointed mess and you wouldn't know where to look. 

@Sooner 

I don't think the room is disjointed.  It does have that piece above the fireplace as a focus but the room is well organized, planned and quite beautiful without the crest or the chandelier.  I think it is lovely.  

I withdraw my comment.  Maybe I am crazy.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

To me what ties the room together, gives it substance and  a focal point and presence is the piece over the fireplace.

@Sooner 

I don't think the room is disjointed.  It does have that piece above the fireplace as a focus but the room is well organized, planned and quite beautiful without the crest or the chandelier.  I think it is lovely.  

@Nonametoday ????? Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

Love it!  The whole room!

Esteemed Contributor

It's just another vanilla room to me.  With those type of ceilings, I would never paint the wood.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

@Nonametoday ????? Woman Surprised

@Sooner 

Meaning I really think this room is well put together but the crest and chandelier are moribund (for me) but then maybe I am the one who is wrong about all things and the room is all moribund but the crest and chandelier are perfect.  Whose opinion is what!?!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@jubilant 

The chandelier and crest are out of place to me.  The chandelier says dungeon, like maybe the couple has "whitewashed" their main room but has a secret room for "other" activities.  Cat SurprisedCat Embarassed

I agree!  Love the room but not crazy about the crest & chandelier.