Honored Contributor

Living Room With White Washed Ceiling

I really like this room although I would remove some of the pillows.  What drew me in was the white washed wood ceiling.  I like this better than painting the ceiling as the wood knots peek through.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Living Room With White Washed Ceiling

Oh, me too, @jubilant !  Whitewashing was a great way for them to go.  What a spacious, lovely room.  It reminds me a little of how you described some of the things you were doing in your room you've been re-doing...

Honored Contributor

Beautiful room and ceiling.

I am not sure if that is a family crest, art, or mirror above the fireplace.

It does not appeal to me but if it is a family crest that changes my opinion of it.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant,

I love it too! That is a lovely room!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@jubilant 

The chandelier and crest are out of place to me.  The chandelier says dungeon, like maybe the couple has "whitewashed" their main room but has a secret room for "other" activities.  Cat SurprisedCat Embarassed

Trusted Contributor

Love it !   Can you imagine how gloomy and heavy looking the room would be if it was dark wood ?   

Honored Contributor

Like the ceiling. 

Good positioning of the furniture making the fireplace the focal point.

No white sofas and chairs for me.  I'd skip the chandelier, too. 

Would like to see drapes instead of shades on the windows by the fireplace.  

IMO, though, the decor wouldn't be special without the oriental rugs.   

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Oh, me too, @jubilant !  Whitewashing was a great way for them to go.  What a spacious, lovely room.  It reminds me a little of how you described some of the things you were doing in your room you've been re-doing...

@Oznell YES!  This is similar to what I am going for.  The minute I saw this picture, I saw that.  You have a good memory and a good eye! There are are, of course, some slight changes I would make.  DH so loves that wood ceiling we have. I don't have the heart to change it.  I may copy this picture so if we ever go to sell the house, our realtor can show others what an updated version would look like!! LOL!  

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@jubilant 

The chandelier and crest are out of place to me.  The chandelier says dungeon, like maybe the couple has "whitewashed" their main room but has a secret room for "other" activities.  Cat SurprisedCat Embarassed

@lolakimono  I didn't care for that chandelier either.  It does give that feeling of a dark castle to me.  I got a kick out of the "other" room.  Torture chamber, perhaps? LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Meh. Sort of bland. Nice enough bones, though I don't care for the upper windows or, in fact, the way the windows were handled. I like the fireplace, clock, rugs, and small end tables, the whitewash on the ceiling is fine, but don't care for the rest of the furniture. Don't mind the crest and chandelier.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...