Trusted Contributor

Re: Living, Dining, & Kitchen Remodel

Need to see what the pictures are over the couch. Need several large floor plants and a little color in the accessories. Also, the diningroom table should be larger and the chairs changed.

Esteemed Contributor

The before pic looks like a hot mess except for the rug that they should have used in the after.  The after is neater, but don't like the rug, table lamp, dining set and floor.  The floor will show every crumb.  The jug in the LR is way out of place.  The whole space needs some warming up.

Honored Contributor

The after is a definite improvement, however, something about it looks incomplete. And I dont see any synergy between the two spaces and don'tlike the choice of the couch and pillows either...and its a bit bland....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Definite improvement but kind of blah.

Respected Contributor

I much prefer the "after" pic.  At least it lets you see all 3 spaces.  And, it's not cluttered looking.  Everyone's decor style is different & I'd choose more colors as well.  The space is very family friendly.

The "before" pic doesn't show a kitchen or dining area .. only a living room & wash area.  The decor is not my style at all & I don't see it as a usable space.  It makes makes a good case for the renovations.

Honored Contributor

I have designed houses and would have used a parchment or egg shell color.  That amount of white can be too intense on the eyes.

With the kitchen walls, I would bring the left wall over more. I'd do the kitchen with black appliances and medium gray granite counter tops.  For the floor, a soft cream in the kitchen. 

For cabinets, I'd have rubbed gray to go against the parchment walls, then add the color and take the color out into the room with an area rug and textured pillows on the couch with our color.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No doubt the after is superior!  Still, I would have liked it better if the kitchen wasn't so exposed to the living area.  I do understand that if your working in a small area the open concept might work better but, on the whole, I like my kitchen out of sight.