Honored Contributor

Not really liking this dining area. I don’t care for hanging pots & pans & utensils in my kitchen or dining area. I prefer to store my kitchen items in cabinets & drawers. I’m not into words used as art or decorations either. I don’t like the table, the chairs, the light fixture, or the black accent wall color. The rug is ok. The window is nice, but the drape/sheer (?) looks a little droopy & very bland. Maybe the dessert is good? 

66ADA46F-26DA-4085-9990-A95CF4F5244A.jpeg

Respected Contributor

👎

Honored Contributor

Nope, I don't care for it at all!

Honored Contributor

That doesn't look like the right type of curtain rod for the pocket unless someone hung it upside down and is using the hem as the rod pocket.

That rug would drive me crazy, it's not square, look at the left side, you can see that it's not lining up with the line of the tile.

Honored Contributor

Not for me.

Honored Contributor

I considered doing something like this in my kitchen.    I cook just about every day.  I got tired of digging out my pots, lids, etc. Then putting them back after washing.   I have a small blank wall, I planned on putting up a sturdy curtain rod to hang the pots I use daily.  I never felt the need to label it. 

@wilma wrote:

Not really liking this dining area. I don’t care for hanging pots & pans & utensils in my kitchen or dining area. I prefer to store my kitchen items in cabinets & drawers. I’m not into words used as art or decorations either. I don’t like the table, the chairs, the light fixture, or the black accent wall color. The rug is ok. The window is nice, but the drape/sheer (?) looks a little droopy & very bland. Maybe the dessert is good? 

66ADA46F-26DA-4085-9990-A95CF4F5244A.jpeg

Eventually I moved a tall, narrow iron plant stand into my kitchen.     I have some of my baking items & small appliances on the shelves and the pans hanging off the side.  I'm more than happy with the result.   

I have a small kitchen with no lower drawers, just black holes behind cabinet doors.

Respected Contributor

Seems like you'd want most of those utensils handier.  Plus, it looks messy.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Agreed, @wilma .  It's "disharmonious" to the eye,  and sort of the opposite of cheerful.  The gratuitous term "pot luck", spelled out, does not help things!

Honored Contributor

Hate "hard" seating & backing dining chairs.

I don't mind cooking utensils on the wall.  I think it looks neater than just thrown in a bottom cubbard somewhere.  I keep mine inside the oven.

Paramour who is 6' 3" has his pots & pans hanging from the ceiling & the lids hanging on the wall along w/a few utensils.

His kitchen is super huge as he has two 6 burner gas stoves.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

There isn't any warmth or feeling in this room, it is blah and drab, not for me.