Honored Contributor

The cake (maybe a Carrot Cake?) is the only thing I like in this room.

Honored Contributor

not my style at all.

the only thing i like somewhat is the rug.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It's just cold and impersonal to me. Nothing inviting or comfortable about it.

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

NOPE, don't care for this style at all.  Plain & cold looking.

Honored Contributor

Oh my. That has to be one of the least appealing rooms of any kind I've seen in recent memory. I do like a single ghost chair as an accent but not as they're used here. Everything else is just so bad.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

This is a very uninviting space.

Esteemed Contributor

This is just a hot mess.....all of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Overall, I don't care for this look.  However, I do love the light fixture and the rug,  Not a fan of the table but mostly the chairs.  I've never been into hanging pots/pans, utensils, etc.  As others have said, it looks like clutter and is sloppy.    I don't mind word art but "Pot Luck" would definitely not be my choice.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

The best thing I can find to say about this whole vignette is that someone has very carefully put together the things they like and care about, in a way that they find appealing. I always appreciate the thoughtfulness and personality displayed in such a space, whether or not I personally like it. Even the DIY artwork on the walls has a certain humor about it and was probably fun to create.

Unless it's a designer's "don't" example for teaching purposes. Don't draw attention to an odd ceiling with a contrasting color. Don't use a small rug under a table and chairs, and not one with a pattern that draws the eye to the center, making it look even smaller. Don't seat yourself and your guests close to the "business" side of cookware. Don't forget to consider overall proportions when selecting individual items, such as the size of the (quite prominent and dimensional) artwork compared to the small size of the tabletop, which is even more noticeable because of the invisible chairs. Etc.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pot Luck Dining

[ Edited ]

A depressing room with a hard seat. Punishment dining. JUSt add a pot of gruel and Bob’s your uncle.