Honored Contributor

Living, Dining, & Kitchen Remodel

[ Edited ]

This is quite a change. What do you think?

I’m not really a fan of huge open spaces, but I like the way the space is opened up more. I like that the kitchen is not completely visible when sitting in the living area.

Even though I like the space, I’d have to change most of the colors & furnishings. The after space looks a bit boring & bland to me. There’s too much white & I need color. Looks like they painted brick white in the kitchen - don’t like the way it looks. I wouldn’t choose that dining table & chairs. The sofa looks ok, but I wouldn’t choose such a light color. The floor looks nice. 

Lots of things hanging above the sofa. Wonder what those are? Not really loving the oval mirror or artwork(?) on the back wall or the large glass jug on the floor (see right hand corner of photo). 

6AC0057F-50B5-4405-90D8-3083E5F4F13C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Living, Dining, & Kitchen Remodel

Definitely an improvement in the after, but it looks rather boring, needs some color, either in the furniture, accessories, or on the walls!

Honored Contributor

Anything would have been an improvement.   "Before" was as bad as it could be.  However, I agree "after" needs a little zip.  Looks like a hospital.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The after is a huge improvement! However it is very cold and sterile looking. It needs some color to warm it up. I would also change the dining room chairs.

Esteemed Contributor

The “after” looks better than the “before” but, I don’t like either one of them 👎

Honored Contributor

The after is a vast improvement.  

Esteemed Contributor

The after is a definite improvement but is too stark for me.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I would have liked the rest of the kitchen wall knocked down to truly open up the space.  Also wish the kitchen cabinets ran up to the ceiling.  And IMO that header beam looks odd sort of sitting on the small pantry cabinets.  DR chairs/table/table lamp/wall art would have to go.  It's a huge improvement though.

Honored Contributor

MUCH better in the "after" pix.  Clean, no wallpaper!!!  Love the after!

Honored Contributor

The after is a major improvement.

I would have a larger dining table with comfy chairs, a different light fixture, and a fresh flower or a green plant centerpiece...that would work for me.