Respected Contributor

We have very hard water and our sinks, bowls, drains & showers become scale covered.

Some store brands do nothing!  A@E Hardware sells a Bio-clean product in a white bottle with green label titled "HARD WATER STAIN REMOVER" protective sealant lasts up to 3 months!  It works!!!

I hope this works for you.  It is kind of pricey, 20+ oz under $20

Honored Contributor

Re: Lime/Hard Water Solution!

When I lived in the Permian Basin of West Texas, the water was hard with a salty quality that was so bad it was undrinlable.  Everyone had a reverse osmosis system  It actually permanently etched glassware so it looked like milk glass.   I threw out all of my glasses when I moved.  WE had to use a healthy dose of citric acid in every load of the dishwasher.  I wonder if that's what your Bio-Clean is?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Have you thought about getting a water softener?  You will always have this battle without one.  

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee  There was one here when we bought the home but neither of us like softened water and it is not the best for our dog to drink.  We purchased a "Pelican" system when we lived 1 town away and it did a fair job.  

@Kachina624  Wow!  Your past water was even harder than ours in either AZ city.  I think our worst with rust was in MN.  Laundry there turned DH's white tees orange Cat Mad  We did have to purchase a softener there and we all drank bottled water.

Thank you all for writing,

Cathy

Trusted Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@Foxxee  There was one here when we bought the home but neither of us like softened water and it is not the best for our dog to drink.  We purchased a "Pelican" system when we lived 1 town away and it did a fair job.  

@Kachina624  Wow!  Your past water was even harder than ours in either AZ city.  I think our worst with rust was in MN.  Laundry there turned DH's white tees orange Cat Mad  We did have to purchase a softener there and we all drank bottled water.

Thank you all for writing,

Cathy

@Jackhound Mom Just a suggestion.  If you put a water softener in your house you can have a line run for drinking water that does not go through the water softener.

We put a Reverse Osmosis system in our home because we had our water tested and it had chemicals we didn't want to drink.  One of the best investments we made.  The chemicals in the hard water could be worse then those in the softened water if you have your water tested.

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4  Great suggestion!  We have heard of "reverse with a seperate line" and will check on that next.  Thank you all!  

I still hope some will try this product and I forgot to mention it smells like mint, very nice.

Cathy