Trusted Contributor

i have to go to a laundrymat.. there's about 3 around my area, but they are all dirty and they dont take care of the laundrymats... so i drive about 20 min to go to one.. its clean and they have big washers.. i love it there.. i actually dont mind going to the laundrymat.. i like the fact that if i have to, i can do 4 or 5 or more loads at once.. i do 3 loads usually a week, i separate my towels, work clothes etc... and i take all my bedding on a different day and do that.. i separate that into 3 loads.. i like the fact that i can do multiple loads and im in and out in 1 hr and about 10 min... i was going to my moms and 3 loads takes all day with 1 washer lol... 

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@godi 

Many times there is soap buildup in the towel fibers that contribute to the not so soft feeling, of lack of absorbency.  

I personally try to combat that problem with rotating laundry detergents, white vinegar in the rinse cycle, and then a second plain rinse.  If this doesn't help, it is most likely the towel itself.  

I sometimes skip using the soap on towels, since I see how much soap from different sources in the washcloths can be.  That way, I feel it cleans the fibers out, so they can rinse better.  Alternate them.