Honored Contributor

Do you like large front porches?

I’ve always loved and wanted a large front porch. I would love to have room for chairs, plants, and maybe a swing! My porch is so small and tiny. There’s barely room for one flowerpot.

Here are 2 photos of houses with porches that I like. I also like the exteriors & architecture of these 2 homes. 

44CED83B-9821-4923-BD29-52CC515716FF.jpeg

D6E1824E-EB85-45CD-B624-EDC0B338BF02.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Yep, always loved large front porches....beautiful photos! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Large Front Porches

[ Edited ]

I do and I don't. It depends on the house. Both of these are attractive houses. My personal preference is for a more private large screened-in porch, which probably wouldn't be desirable or attractive on the front of the house.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Yes I like large front porches.  I really like the 2nd house and the porch.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Growing up I once went to a two story house that had a 2nd floor "porch" that went the entire circumference of the house. The house was on a couple of acres. The view was spectacular and had these luxurious rocking chairs, about 4 to  6 on each side of the home. I wanted to have that with my large immediate family to gather someday. It was never to be. Im single, no kids but what a memory! 

Honored Contributor

Myfront porch is nice, but I wish it was larger, maybe in my next life. Sigh.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I also love big front porches. I would decorate it so much. Every holiday and it would never end. 

Honored Contributor

Since I was a young girl I have always loved front porches.  I lived in the city so it was out of the question to have one.  When I looked for a home in the suburbs later in life I hoped to find one with a big front porch but didn't have any luck finding what I liked in my price range.  Decks were the thing at the time.  I still love front porches and would take the second house in a blink!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

yes!

housefromdrive.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

I lived in the city so it was out of the question to have one. 

That's strange.  I grew up in the city too.  In the neighborhood(s) I grew up in, every house had front & back porches.  Some open & some enclosed.

After I married & moved to a city in N.J., I was shocked the houses had no front porches.  Looked funny to me. 

When we bought a house "in the burbs" we added a front porch which we kept open.  The added back porch was enclosed. 

The 2nd floor of the house had a deck which ran the length of the house.  Our house was the only one in town w/porches & a deck.

I currently live in a 55+ community.  Each building has wrap around porches.  The back porches are screened.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif