Honored Contributor

I finally replaced my entire house with LED bulbs. There was one in particular that I dreaded changing and that one required climbing a ladder. That one now has been replaced with a bulb that claims to last 20 years! 

I started this replacement project a little over a year ago and LED bulbs back then were costly. Now you can find them for around $5 per bulb. The first one I ever bought cost close to 20Smiley Surprised but that was then. Just saw a 6-pack of dimmable daylight bulbs for around 30 on the bay site's deals page. That's a great price. 

Now I'm saving money and my house stays cooler without those old school hot bulbs.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Did the same..........inside and out!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I hate the LED's. We have four on the ceiling of our two story family room. Requires a really tall ladder and one of those light bulb changing pole things. We've had to bring in an electrician to change the bulbs for us. 

One of the LED bulbs has burned out for the third time. I've tried three different brands in it. Our incandescents in those fixtures lasted 9 years. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I hate the LED's. We have four on the ceiling of our two story family room. Requires a really tall ladder and one of those light bulb changing pole things. We've had to bring in an electrician to change the bulbs for us. 

One of the LED bulbs has burned out for the third time. I've tried three different brands in it. Our incandescents in those fixtures lasted 9 years.

@gidgetgh,

Are you talking about the bulbs that look like a corkscrew? If so, those are actually CFL bulbs. They don't last and are not nearly as efficient and bright as a LED. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@gidgetgh,

Are you talking about the bulbs that look like a corkscrew? If so, those are actually CFL bulbs. They don't last and are not nearly as efficient and bright as a LED. 

No, I absolutely refused to use CFL's. We have recessed lighting in our great room that use indoor floodlights bulbs. When the incandescents finally burned out we switched to LED's and they're just not lasting long at all. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Our electric company will do an energy efficiency review of any customers home and replace all light bulbs with LED bulbs free.  My friend had this done a few months ago.  So far, three 20 year bulbs have burned out.  They need to go back to the drawing board with this one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've had much better luck with the LED bulbs than the CFL's. I got two LED bulbs free at a hazardous waste disposal day at our landfill a couple of years ago. Those bulbs are really good, so I've also bought a few cheap ones at Home Depot, 2 for $5 at the time. All of my LED bulbs are still working fine.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!