Super Contributor

So I have been watching this presentation  for 10 minutes now, and I have yet to know how this works!! Quit petting the product and saying it is pretty and make your point!

Honored Contributor

Even though they showed the colors, etc, I watched and they more than explained how it works!  Many are drawn to any product by how it looks first!  I have had one for nearly a year and it's the best!!  

Honored Contributor

Does it remove fluoride? 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

Does it remove fluoride? 

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. 

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN water purifer.....

[ Edited ]

It removes chlorine and particulates. As far as I know chlorine is added to water at the water supply source and it's there for good reasons...it KILLS bad living creatures in our water. Why would anyone want to remove it? I never understood this idea. Would you go swimming in a pool if it wasn't disinfected? BTW ...chlorine is a gas in it's natural state and is not harmful when used to treat our water supply. If you don't like the smell or taste of it then simply leave your pitcher of water open to the air over night and the chlorine will dissipate.Smiley Wink

If you are serious about cleaning up your water, this filter won't do it. Companies like this bank on what people believe to be harmful to us as consumers. If chlorine were a serious threat it would not be used like it has been for this long of a period of time. If you have harmful contaminates in your water...heavy metals like lead and mercury...you should consider alternative methods of cleaning your water.

Honored Contributor

I know because of renting or apartments and such, not everyone can, but I'd recommend a reverse osmosis system.

We have had one for 22 years, and if you ever saw the filters when you change them yearly, it makes you cringe. And that is what we see, imagine what we don't.