Contributor
Am an avid knitter, what's on your knitting needles now?
Honored Contributor

I belong to a club that meets every wednesday AM - many of the ladies knit and crochet - I have tried to learn but I just can't get the knack of it - I can't seem to keep things all the same tightness on the needles, so it goes all crooked. I do cross stitch instead.Or if I happen to have an item that needs hand hemmed etc I may take that.

Honored Contributor

I love knitting and crocheting and learned when I was very young. It does take a long time to get the tension right. I last made a baby afghan last year.

Esteemed Contributor
I've become a lazy knitter. Lately I seem to only want to knit small projects that involve simple patterns that don't require me to pay close attention to what I am knitting. I have been making simple scarfs that I can knit while watching TV. But how many scarfs can I knit! I only like to use nice yarns and the prices are so high.
Valued Contributor
Comfort shawl for a friend battling stage 4 melanoma. I'm making it out of Shalimar Yarns Equius in the Alsomar colorway.
Super Contributor

I'm working on some light knit and crochet layering pieces for Spring and Summer. They are all colorful (variegated yarns) lacy stitches, lightweight yarns - to wear over solid color tops and dresses.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not knit for a long time, but used to do sweaters. This year I have been thinking about doing a shawl for myself. Maybe I should, hummm.

I do more crochet and have taught a couple of daughters of friends, but overall both skills seem to be dying out. It is such a pity.

Respected Contributor
On 1/21/2015 MFitz said: I've become a lazy knitter. Lately I seem to only want to knit small projects that involve simple patterns that don't require me to pay close attention to what I am knitting. I have been making simple scarfs that I can knit while watching TV. But how many scarfs can I knit! I only like to use nice yarns and the prices are so high.

Same here. I've been knitting those little square dishcloths out of cotton yarn, while sitting in front of the T.V. I made some and gave them to the girls at the office for Christmas and everybody loves them, saying what a good job they do! Before my granddaughter was born in October, I made a baby afghan for her. I used to knit all kinds of things for my boys when they were little - mittens, scarves, sweaters, etc. but now I just knit simple things that don't require much concentration, just to keep from falling asleep in front of the T.V. after working all day! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor
I love to knit and always have a few works in progress, including simple no brainier ones and a challenging one. My local yarn store has wonderful yarns, offers excellent help, has great classes and is always a source of inspiration. The yarns are irresistible, too, so I have accumulated quite a stash. When I need a new project, I can often shop in my own collection. i have found that the website Ravelry is a fantastic resource as well as a source of inspiration, too. If you haven't joined Ravelry, you are in for a treat!
Super Contributor
On 1/21/2015 honeybuns mom said: Am an avid knitter, what's on your knitting needles now?

Easy Drop Stitch Scarf

I wanted some mindless knitting while recovering from an illness. I'm using two skeins of Noro and it's turning out just like the pattern photo above. I'm happy to find knitters here, but we're everywhere, right! Wink