Respected Contributor

OK, I understand competition, and I certainly appreciate after a patent expires seeing technology picked up by others and even expanded. What I DON'T appreciate is the hard sell going on that is attacking BLISS and QVC. Why, if the product is that good do you need to go that negative route?

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN turning me off today!

Let me add that some of what is being said is really on the iffy side of truth.

Valued Contributor

What is BLISS?

Honored Contributor

What product?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:

What is BLISS?

Bliss is a brand sold on the q. There is a bliss TSV coming up this week on the q. It's the little projector you stake in the ground that shines lights on your house.
Honored Contributor

HSN is always a turn-off to me but, to be fair, it seems like a lot of them do this same thing.

Like you, I find it repugnant.

If your product is good, let's hear HOW good it is, what its merits are, etc. To bring up another product and go on and on about how bad that one is, so buy this one - that just doesn't speak well to your product, IMO. If you cannot concentrate on why your product is good and only on dogging somebody else's I'm just not buying.

Conversely, however, I have a feeling that this kind of sales tactic works well enough to push out a lot of product. There are a lot of people for whom negativity speaks much more loudly than positivity. It's a mindset and some folks only respond to it.

Super Contributor

I don't shop HSN. There is no comparison to the Q, IMO. Easy pay, free shipping doesn't

do a thing for me. Their lack of quality is a big turn-off. I did purchase Joy's hangers,

and I like them. I know a lot of people like HSN, but I'm not one of them.

Super Contributor

On 3/8/2015 graycatsrule said:

What is BLISS?

Bliss is a brand sold on the q. There is a bliss TSV coming up this week on the q. It's the little projector you stake in the ground that shines lights on your house.

I thought it was a skincare line. LOL

Respected Contributor

On 3/8/2015 Southern Fried Chick said:
On 3/8/2015 graycatsrule said:

What is BLISS?

I thought it was a skincare line. LOL

Sorry all, I just assumed everyone knew what I was talking about...oops! The Bliss lights were the original developers of the laser projector lights. They brought them to QVC and they have a couple of different models from metal case to resin (not plastic as stated on HSN) case that has reduced the cost.

The special value on HSN is the Home Improvements version of Bliss developed lights. They've added a remote control and have 2 colors in one light and have added a floodlight for the special. My personal experience with the Home Improvements line has not been good, but I've not tried this light, nor have I caved to buy the Bliss lights either.

Honored Contributor

It IS a skincare line, evidently not a trademarked name.