Honored Contributor

I'm sorry @ScrapHappy, that was al there was but if I come across any more I'll give you a shout...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

41 Aesthetic Ivory Kitchen Cabinets ideas | kitchen remodel, ivory kitchen,  kitchen design

Honored Contributor

I much prefer Ivory over white in a kitchen. However, I had a professional painter who had been painting for years and was highly recommended and well known in "the big city" not far from our little rural town. I didn't want anything that pulled yellow so she suggested Benjamin Moore's Monroe Bisque to me and I love it for cabinets.  It also goes perfectly with my Travertine Brick backsplash which looks like this:

Tuscany Ivory 2" x 4" Travertine Mosaic Tile

It's a great match and neither the Travertine Brick or the cabinets pull yellow.
Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

I much prefer Ivory over white in a kitchen. However, I had a professional painter who had been painting for years and was highly recommended and well known in "the big city" not far from our little rural town. I didn't want anything that pulled yellow so she suggested Benjamin Moore's Monroe Bisque to me and I love it for cabinets.  It also goes perfectly with my Travertine Brick backsplash which looks like this:

Tuscany Ivory 2" x 4" Travertine Mosaic Tile

It's a great match and neither the Travertine Brick or the cabinets pull yellow.

I also have Travertine backsplash with ivory/cream kitchen cabinets.  But my backsplash is placed as a 7 inch diamond pattern, except for behind the stove, it was done in smaller square pattern.  I just don't like how it looks with my granite countertops which are different shades of brown, tan and grey and speckled.  

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

41 Aesthetic Ivory Kitchen Cabinets ideas | kitchen remodel, ivory kitchen,  kitchen design

I wish I could change my backsplash to white.  Looks like my countertops and my color cabinets but my backsplash is travertine.

Honored Contributor

I love this beautiful kitchen.

You can easily decorate in this neutral kitchen for Holidays and Seasons and change the look as often as you wish.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ivory Kitchen...

[ Edited ]

Differing perspectives are interesting. I love the look of ivory in these kitchens and don't think it will ever be dated because it's a universal and classic look. Some have expressed preferences for wood tones and yet to me, it's the wood tones that become dated. I recall friends rushing out for the 'golden oak' look, which I actively dislike, and others choosing the dark cherry look or pecan look and all, again for me, now look exceptionally passe. I prefer painted cabinets and I like colors or ivory. Many years ago, before the trend became obnoxious, I had mine painted a soft grey and still like it. In my last place, I had them painted ivory and never tired of it. Like others, I historically like to see a little color in the kitchen, but have an increasing appreciation for an ivory kitchen with just dabs of color here or there, if that.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Mostly I prefer not using white for everything--maybe as an accent--but could never deal with a white kitchen, so I like this-- altho it does need a little pop of color but that would be easy to fix.

Honored Contributor

I love shades of white.  My kitchen mixes white, ivory, taupe, putty, beige and grey.  I use accessories to introduce some color, but I like it just as is with all the different neutrals.

I think the kitchen pictured is beautiful.  I would probably lose the country accents, but the kitchen itself is my cup of tea.

Honored Contributor

Nope, not working for me!!!