Honored Contributor

It's exactly what I would order!  And I have the dishes to go in it, and the dune and white Le Creuset to fit right in!!!!!

I mix and match several patterns of dishes around Nantucket Basket and Villeroy and Boch and Spode and all are more ivory white than white white.

Honored Contributor

It's pretty, but I would prefer more color and contrast. A few colorful accessories and a darker countertop would help. I don't like the hardware and gold trim on the cabinets. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like it.  I so want to redo my kitchen with ivory cabinets and butcher block counters, but with the economy the way it is, can't even consider it now.

Honored Contributor

I like it but I would need some splashes of color.  I couldn't go totally monochromatic like that. 

Respected Contributor

I have ivory/cream cabinets.  I'm gearing up to paint my kitchen but wanting to change out the backsplash...I don't care for it.  I would like to put cream subway tile in its place but don't know if it can be done.  I have brown/tan/.gray granite countertops that would be too expensive and difficult to replace.  I'm trying to make the kitchen look brighter.  Right now the kitchen walls are brown.  I'd like to know if there were other pics of this kitchen and what color that wall color is.  I have two kitchen sinks just like the one pictured and cabinets are similar.  All of this kitchen is from previou owners.  I want to update but not break the bank.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

RIght down to the utensils and dishes...

grid.jpg

Do you have any more pictures of this kitchen?

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty and very calm.  Knowing myself as I do, I'm sure I'd end up throwing some color in there.  Something in the red or burgundy family, no doubt. 

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

So not me; I like the warmth of wood tones in my home.

Agree!  And IMO the all white (or ivory) kitchen will eventually look dated.  I prefer classic wood.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb  My wheelhouse!  Unless incorporated with old world charm, I am actually getting tired of seeing white kitchens and am drawn to the warmth of ivory.èe

While I would have to put my spin on this--i.e., change the hardware, I don't see gold trim on the doors, but if it is there it must go, and what is that unusual trim hanging down from the wall-mounted cabinet because it too must go. How is that for a clumsy sentence? 

I do like the color palette and the matching dinnerware and flatware. The only thing I would add would be topiaries to incorporate color (life) and maybe a black and ivory marble-type floor. Of course I would have to see the entire kitchen, but it looks like it could be a lovely cottage kitchen.

Respected Contributor

I like the ivory cabinets but as for an all ivory kitchen, no way.  I would have to perk it up with color and being the cabinets are ivory, just about any color you like would work.