Honored Contributor

Re: If You are a Multitasker...

Having a bathroom/laundry room combination is quite common.  I used to have this set up when I first got married and had our first place.

it makes good sense because the plumbing is located in the same room. It is not gross and no one sits on the toilet to fold laundry...what a crazy thought.

Respected Contributor

Our washer and dryer is located in the bathroom and I am fine with that.  I don't fold laundry while on the toilet and the units are in an alcove with sliding doors like a closet.  Configuration existed when we bought the house and we haven't changed it.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

No, not at all.  I wouldn't be able to reach the top washer or dryer without using a step ladder.

Honored Contributor

Ideally, no, but my washer & dryer is in my bathroom.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I don't know if I would welcome the design but I did live in a small cottage with a similar configuration.  Much less fancy, though.

I'm pretty much good as long as there is a washer/dryer.  We lived in an apartment w/out - you had to go to a neighboring building and people would steal your dryer time!  I'd come in to a basket of wet clothes, so I learned I had to babysit.  What a drag.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

As others said, maybe in a vacation rental, etc, but not in my regular home......no.  Also, the room is very dark and ominous.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind this at all.  In my townhouse I have a stacked w/d in my second bathroom, not my master.  It works for me as it's just the two of us and I also keep my drying rack in that shower.   The dryer buttons are a bit high but I have a little step stool to help me out.

Honored Contributor

This idea of a washer/drier in a bathroom is a turn off for me.

Honored Contributor

We live in a one story home.  My laundry room is off the kitchen and I like it there since I use part of the room for storage.  It works well for me. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

It's not my ideal location for a W/D but I'd be OK with it it that's the only option.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown