Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm Doing Fall Decorating This Weekend. Are you?

[ Edited ]

Since Fall is my favorite time of year..(we've had terribly hot/humid days too)...I couldn't wait to start decorating.. Also watched Valerie's shows ( got some great ideas) and ordered a couple things..I LOVE her..but,I can buy things similar for less! Target has some great Fall products...if you have a Target card, you get 5% off and FREE shipping...u can't beat that! Heart

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Nope!

I just filled two huge purple ceramic planters with hot pink zinnias for out front.  They are gorgeous!  And very summer-y looking.

Just bought the planters and they will be filled with only purple flowers starting next spring.  That's the color scheme for the front of our summer place--green and purple.  Have 2 large asters (deep purple) that are full of buds and ready to rock and roll in a few weeks.

I don't do 'fall' here, even though fall does happen at the Jersey Shore.  Very pretty.

At home, yellow and white mums on the front steps and one side deck.  I tend to buy the off color pumpkins (pinkish orange and white) for out front.  Dark orange just doesn't look right.

Not wild about fall, I'm a summer girl--through and through.

Super Contributor

I did mine a few days ago and it took me less than 2 minutes . Smiley Happy I dont decorate very much lol.

Trusted Contributor

hell no! I'm too busy taking care of my sick sister, picking the dirt out of my Maine Coon cat's coat (boy, can he get filthy!) and trying not to fall down and break my neck (I've had several close calls lately; the latest one just a few minutes ago).

So, no, I'm not in the mood to decorate; however, before 9/11 we used to decorate the place for Halloween, including a fake graveyard. After 9/11we didn't think was an approprate thing to do so we've pretty much let it go.

Super Contributor

I am getting so weary trying to waitout the lingering stICKY weather!  It will feel too weird to me to be looking at autumnal items while this goes on so I am putting out items this weekend in a few spots but I am holding off on decking out the mantel and front porch and deck.   I am inspired by you all who are hoping bringing out some decorations will bring on Fall already!!  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

hell no! I'm too busy taking care of my sick sister, picking the dirt out of my Maine Coon cat's coat (boy, can he get filthy!) and trying not to fall down and break my neck (I've had several close calls lately; the latest one just a few minutes ago).

So, no, I'm not in the mood to decorate; however, before 9/11 we used to decorate the place for Halloween, including a fake graveyard. After 9/11we didn't think was an approprate thing to do so we've pretty much let it go.

@FuzzyFace I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she gets well soon. I was also interested in reading about your Main Coon. Our "Skittles" passed away many years ago, but she didn't go outside, so she didn't get dirty. Mats, yes. Dirt, no. She was a family favorite who had fans among all my childrens' friends. What a wonderful breed!

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@FuzzyFace I'm sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she gets well soon. I was also interested in reading about your Main Coon. Our "Skittles" passed away many years ago, but she didn't go outside, so she didn't get dirty. Mats, yes. Dirt, no. She was a family favorite who had fans among all my childrens' friends. What a wonderful breed!

I'm of the opinion that getting filthy right after an expensive grooming is BooBoo's way of thumbing his nose at us. He's such a funny little guy; I get irritated by him but he's so darned cute and funny, I can't stay mad. Instead I do what he really hate: I pick him up, rumple his fur, pick out some of the dirt, tell him what a naughty boy he is and how much we love our little rascal. Smiley LOL