Esteemed Contributor

I'm Doing Fall Decorating This Weekend. Are you?

This summer has been a weather nightmare. Well, not Hawaii nightmare, but pretty bad. Hot, damp, rainy, hot, damp, rainy. I'm so ready for Fall. Pulling down the summer decor and bringing out the Fall decor on Saturday. Maybe it will bring on the Fall weather. How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Doing Fall Decorating This Weekend. Are you?

Right after Labor Day. Hope to kick this hot, humid weather down the road.

Honored Contributor

Yes!   It is early but it was so miserably hot this weekend and I was bored....the upstairs is not air conditioned so we are stuck in about 2 rooms downstairs, big sigh.......

I took down the all summer and put out a few things in the family room.  I will put out the remainder after labor day.....it will stay out until I am ready to decorate for Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

I am going t do mine the day after Labor Day....I am over this hot dry summer....ready for fall..

Respected Contributor

I have a beautiful fall wreath I plan on hanging right after Labor Day.

Super Contributor

Not me.  I usually wait until October....after I take my mid-late September trip to our condo in Montauk (it is usually warm enough to sit on the beach in late September).  

Esteemed Contributor

@IslanderGirl62 wrote:

Not me.  I usually wait until October....after I take my mid-late September trip to our condo in Montauk (it is usually warm enough to sit on the beach in late September).  

@IslanderGirl62 Take me too!

Honored Contributor

I'm considering it. My husband is on vacation, and the fall decor tubs are still stored in the basement, and heavy. 

Since he is off, if the weather cools down I may get him to bring them up since he has more time this week, and I will get it done. 

Considering selling off some of my fall decor (not as emotionally attached to it as the Christmas stuff) and if I'm going to do that, I need to get it listed by the first week in September.

My switch to fall only takes two hours maximum. I'm much more controlled with this than I am with Christmas. 

My goal is to someday get Christmas that under control!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm considering it. My husband is on vacation, and the fall decor tubs are still stored in the basement, and heavy. 

Since he is off, if the weather cools down I may get him to bring them up since he has more time this week, and I will get it done. 

Considering selling off some of my fall decor (not as emotionally attached to it as the Christmas stuff) and if I'm going to do that, I need to get it listed by the first week in September.

My switch to fall only takes two hours maximum. I'm much more controlled with this than I am with Christmas. 

Haha! Yes, I would like to have my husband home for the bringing up frome the basement portion of the program. However, my boxes are not so heavy. I don't have anything to sell off, because I just started decorating for Fall a few years ago.. Actually, I was considering visiting Hobby Lobby for the first time this weekend. We have one about 45 minutes away from us. I thought I'd go to see what all the excitement is about. I think DH would go.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Haha! Yes, I would like to have my husband home for the bringing up frome the basement portion of the program. However, my boxes are not so heavy. I don't have anything to sell off, because I just started decorating for Fall a few years ago.. Actually, I was considering visiting Hobby Lobby for the first time this weekend. We have one about 45 minutes away from us. I thought I'd go to see what all the excitement is about. I think DH would go.

So you've never been to HL?! You are in for some fun!

I'm not a big fan of a lot of their fall things. Many of them are kind of cheap looking, but still some nice things. 

I tend to find their Christmas things more exciting (and I don't need a single thing!)

Have fun and let us know what you think!