Honored Contributor

Re: I'm Doing Fall Decorating This Weekend. Are you?

[ Edited ]

In the past (several years ago now), I did a huge amount of fall decorating. I had more fall decor than Christmas, which is a lot. Then I just got tired of it all, and gave it all away. Did zero fall decorating for a few years. Fast forward to here and now, lol. I just do a very small amount, mostly dining room table and hutch. Outdoors, nature takes care of all my fall color, so I'm good there.

Editing to actually answer the question, lol. I will probably do my small amount of fall decorating this coming week. It's still near 100 degrees now for a while longer.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

its high 90s' here today BUT @house_cat been out shopping and my FALL willpower is wavering!!!

Your front porch looks so inviting !!!  I never thought of using faux mums as I've been spoiled by the beautiful ones we always bought up north...

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1

I got so tired of buying real mums year after year, only to see them fade and die in a few weeks.  

About 5 years ago, I bought boxes of inexpensive fall mums/leaves/picks and put togehter mini-bushel baskets of flowers. 

I'm still using them and they remain lovely!

If you get close, you see they are not real, but I don't care Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom

I am so tired of being hot and sweaty, that I cannot bring myself to get outside and start decorating.

Supposed to cool down this weekend, but today, in Maryland, it's close to 100.

Every day is a gift, but some better than others! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

This has been such a hot ,humid, summer here in maine, and boring for me, i don't like cold snowy winters either , because of fuel cost, losing power, looking forward to fall though.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Trucker daughter found me a new garden flag with sunflowers and old wooden baskets filled with apples.   It signals summer is winding down, and that’s all I want to accept for now.   Nothing about fall or winter excites me.

Respected Contributor

my wife just took out fall temptations with pumkins and fall colors on them. we got them last fall. thats just the start. alot more to come out. cant wait for that cool fall air. and i love dunkin donuts pumkin muffins and ther iced apple cidar. 

Respected Contributor

Decorated my mantle for fall but I’ll wait for the first cool weekend to decorate the porch.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 I like all pumpkin food and beverages. Pumpkin chocolate cookies—yum!

Honored Contributor

I got my fall indoor decor up and it took two days, for something that should have taken two hours.

It was near 100 with the heat index and so humid. I would put a couple of things on a table and arrange them, and be soaking wet with sweat. I spent more time wondering around in a stupor because of the heat than I did anything else (no central air, and the  one window air conditioner we have was doing nothing to help). 

I also had to keep stopping to run people places. My mom needed taken to the dentist 45 minutes from here, so that shot half a day, then I needed to meet my son at Lens Crafters, he got two new pair of glasses for his 22nd birthday, so that shot another half day messing with that.

I almost waited till the heat wave passed, but at the rate this summer is going, it would have never been done. If I'm going to bother, I want to enjoy it for as long as possible! But it is done (more or less, have some extra flameless candles that have to go back into storage today).