Honored Contributor

Re: I just finished decorating for Fall!

For heaven's sake, what is so hard to fathom about the fact that different people go in different directions? For most of us it's too early to decorate for fall, so what...? For some of us, summer is not the be-all, end-all that it is for others, again, so what? I prefer fall weather and decor and while I won't start putting out fall themed items and colors for several more weeks, I'm not standing in awe of the fact that it's still summer, so what? Not everybody thrives in heat and humidity and some of us actually prefer the typically cooler autumn weather and the different quality of light... so what? I probably still prefer decorating for the holidays to fall, but fall is a very close second and last year, I resented the heck out of having to put away my fall things to move to the more wintry holiday decor, so it might just be that fall is about to overtake Christmas as my favorite season for which to decorate... and, well, so what?! Enjoy whatever it is that you enjoy...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 stevieb said:

For heaven's sake, what is so hard to fathom about the fact that different people go in different directions? For most of us it's too early to decorate for fall, so what...? For some of us, summer is not the be-all, end-all that it is for others, again, so what? I prefer fall weather and decor and while I won't start putting out fall themed items and colors for several more weeks, I'm not standing in awe of the fact that it's still summer, so what? Not everybody thrives in heat and humidity and some of us actually prefer the typically cooler autumn weather and the different quality of light... so what? I probably still prefer decorating for the holidays to fall, but fall is a very close second and last year, I resented the heck out of having to put away my fall things to move to the more wintry holiday decor, so it might just be that fall is about to overtake Christmas as my favorite season for which to decorate... and, well, so what?! Enjoy whatever it is that you enjoy...

Wink

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

I am with you Susan Louise. Today I am bringing up pears, VPH's basketweave pumpkins, and some brownish mercury items. Next week I am having a knee replaced and I want some fall decor out. Hopefully, I will be able to get up and down the stairs later this fall to bring out the orange and bright fall colored items to enjoy. It is starting to look like fall here (in midwest area) with some leaves coming down.....mostly due to dry conditions, but we have a nip in the air in the evenings already. And I have seen birds migrating also. Maybe they know something. So, enjoy your decorating time and know I am right with you. Love the fall anyway. Want to have a few months of it in my house.

Super Contributor

just makes me laugh ..... people quoting lines from "Friday" on a home shopping board about fall décor.... new flash people, not everyone lives in Florida!!

Susan - cant wait to see your pics!!

Honored Contributor

I took down my patriotic decorations and put out a scarecrow and pumpkin. Once the pre-season football games begin, I'm into fall.

Honored Contributor

My thinking is to do what and when you want in your own home. What time I start decorating depends on if I am hosting any "socials" in my home. If I have a Christmas social, I start decorating the end of October since most of the events are in early December. My fall decorating has to start early or not worth the effort as it will come down when I start the Christmas. So, Susan Louise, if you want to start Fall decorating, I say good for you and do enjoy. I'll look forward to your pics, maybe I'll get some ideas from you that I can use in my decorating. You have started me thinking about it.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/3/2014 bluegrassbaby said:
On 8/3/2014 terrier3 said:

I don't decorate for Fall until the leaves on the trees outside start turning color...sometime in late September, early October.

Fall decorating is my FAVORITE - even more than Christmas.

Does anyone else love Fall the most?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} yep! Can't wait.

Me too! Love the changing leaves, the cooler temps, the shorter days..just LOVE Fall!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

On 8/3/2014 terrier3 said:

I don't decorate for Fall until the leaves on the trees outside start turning color...sometime in late September, early October.

Fall decorating is my FAVORITE - even more than Christmas.

Does anyone else love Fall the most?

*raising 1 wing...I mean hand* lol

I usually start decorating for fall September 1st, then October 1st for Halloween.

Respected Contributor

I don't do hardly any seasonal decorating at all but I'm in the camp for decorating your home whenever the heck you please. I'll put out a few pumpkins and fall things in late Sept but I'm in PA and we haven't had summer yet. Happy about it too.
Respected Contributor

Bridgegal, I have read all these posts and I have to agree with you, I am in Pa. and am also waiting for summer to get here. Last week when we had those low temperatures I actually turned my furnace on it was so chilly in the house. We have not used our deck hardly at all at night because it is either raining or it get so darn chilly. We don't like to sit wrapped up in blankets just to say we were out on the deck. All the lights and decorations that I put up for this summer have really been a waste of time. Today all we had was ran off and on so another day gone. We have not hit 90 yet this summer and it has rained so much that the grass needs cut twice a week. Even the veggies we planted are not growing the way they should. I decorate for all the seasons but decorating for this summer was not worth it. It was funny for the 4th of July every one here decided to eat out on the deck, we all went out there and the cool should say cold wind started and everyone looked at each other and inside we all came and everyone said it is not enjoyable out there we even closed the sliding glass doors. So I am with you still waiting for summer. So if anyone feels like putting out their fall wreaths more power to them. JoAnn's has beautiful ones, who would have thought on Aug 4 we would be out and see people running around with jackets and sweatshirts on.