Honored Contributor

Sunday's TS on HSN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor
I loved huggable hangers, but the last year or so they are all snapping in half.when I tried to contact Joy Manzano hsn said they had no way of reaching her. That was several years ago. That being said, she claims they are so durable, but they do break
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't like them.  It is hard to get clothes on them altho they don't slip off once you fight getting the item on them.  BTW Home Goods sells them also.

My neighbor threw hers away.  She didn't like them either.  I do use a very few for certain items.  I do like thin hangers tho without the flocked finish and they are also available at Home Goods.  They do take up less rod space than other hangers.

Valued Contributor

In just the past month I have had four of the hangers snap in half on me.  I must admit, they were all when trying to either hang or remove the same winter coat.  They are fine for windbreakers, cotton shirts or chinos.  I never read any instructions or advisory about using them with winter weight coats. I guess I'll just pick up a couple of wooden hangers for the coats and keep the Joy hangers for the lightweight stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Huggable Hangers

[ Edited ]

I really like them. I have had no problem with them breaking. I ordered a set in aqua. I used the coupon on their site for $5.00 off and Topcashback has 12% rebate.  Also , you get free shipping and handling . You get 5 -$10.00 coupons to use on her products. I think it is a good deal for me.

Respected Contributor

I've not had any of the hangers break, but one thing I do when hanging heavy winter coats is to use two hangers. 

Respected Contributor

Mine broke too so replaced all of them with Room Essentials super heavy weight gray plastic hangers from Target, they're perfect for my needs...I bought them on sale, the reg price is 5 for $2.50. 

Respected Contributor

Etoile308, that is a very bright idea! Two hangers would work, I believe.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of flocked hangers either.  Wal-Mart sells a hanger shaped like the flocked hangers, but it is thin sturdy plastic with a silicone coating on the top and where pants would hang that keeps things from slipping off.  I drip-dry most of my clothing, so these work great.

I like the idea of two hangers for coats--thank you for posting that idea!!!

Respected Contributor

Was buying these for someone recently, and went to HSN where I've always bought my HH. There were very little choices left, but I got, (I think it was a 24 pc. set), half shirt hangers, half pants hangers, that came with a garment bag, which I didn't need but each set had something with it. Only two choices that weren't sold out, and only one in the ivory color I wanted.

After I got those for about $45 and already gave them, I was in HomeGoods and saw a bunch, some Martha Stewart, and another brand...both just as sturdy and nicely made. (years ago the dupes were always cheap & flimsy.)

I could have gotten 3 times more for the same as what I paid on HSN.

The only thing at HG, there were only pants hangers, which you can use for both anyway. 

Anyway, I don't need anymore for now...but just another option in case people are interested.