Honored Contributor

Re: How large is your dinnerware collection?

Too large. I need to find a new home for some of it.

Esteemed Contributor

Gosh, I think I like all of the patterns pictured in this thread! Thanks for the pics, everyone.

WL, Yay for figuring out how to upload pics with your new pc. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} What a relief, I'm sure.

Frequent Contributor

My china pattern is Royal Majestic - D'or. I am a crème and gold gal......and chine is that color.....place settings for 24 people with all of the accompanying pieces, including three coffee pots. I know.....ridiculous. My everyday dinnerware, simple white dishes.

As an aside.....we are putting our home on the market, next year......china will be coming along.......however, we will be moving our everyday dinnerware on.....LOL. Now....if you want to talk linens and napkins.......I have a real addiction with those things....big time LOL.

Super Contributor

On 12/31/2014 SHOPR said:

Gosh, I think I like all of the patterns pictured in this thread! Thanks for the pics, everyone.

WL, Yay for figuring out how to upload pics with your new pc. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} What a relief, I'm sure.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

I have service for 8 plus basic serving pieces of heavy stoneware, purchased from Orvis and made by International China used daily. It's solid, but getting heavier for me lately as I suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome. Thinking of getting rid of it although I love the artisan rooster pattern.

I have an antique set of blue and white "Manchu" given to me by my mother, service for 8. Blue glass goblets for 8 that I probably purchased from a catalog years ago.

Antique set of green and cream "Manchu" service for 8 I purchased from Replacements about 13 years ago. Green textured glass grape leaf goblets I fell in love with at Williams-Sonoma match perfectly.

My mother just informed me she'd like to give me her antique Noritake china, service for 12 with scads of serving pieces. Not my style so I'm not sure how that will turn out!

Family sterling silver flatware for 12 used only on special occasions, grocery store "buy a piece a month" stainless flatware for 8 used daily for the past 30 years.

I lust after Spode's Woodland Creatures pattern but keep my distance...

Esteemed Contributor

I have 8 or 9 sets of dinnerware which includes my fine china and my Christmas china, both by Lenox. I have at least 8 place settings for each set. Good grief, I need to get rid of some of these dishes! I also have several dessert dishes only sets. I could spend all day in the china and crystal department just looking at the beautiful things!!

Valued Contributor

Susan Louise, where in Nebraska do you live? I am in LaVista.

Trusted Contributor

I love dishes! I have service for 8 in Lavender Rose, Royal Albert. It is now discontinued.

photo lavenderrose_zps919a6573.jpg

A few years ago I started collecting Fiesta. Love it!

This is a picture from last spring, when we had breakfast out on our deck.

photo 20140621_1_zps34cd2adf.jpg

I enjoyed seeing all of the pretty pictures of dinnerware on this thread!

Trusted Contributor

Along with the dinnerware I mentioned earlier, I have 4 tea sets. They are all service for 4.

One is Royal Doulton Brambly Hedge.

photo bramblyhedge_zpsbade9b5b.jpg

I have a blue & white set from QVC.

photo e2b69f4c-8363-47ce-b8af-1e4449452168_zpsb710a50e.jpg

A blue & cream set I bought at a tea house.

photo RoseBrocade_zps66ab2227.jpg

Lenox butterfly meadow.

photo lenoxbutterfly_zpsf5c9d3be.jpg

Super Contributor

I am addicted to china and dinnerware, especially vintage restaurantware and 1930's-40's kitchen items I love it so much that I have had to start selling part of it on ebay.

For good china, I started out with a service for eight of Limoges, but so many pieces have gotten broken in moves, I am thinking of piecing out place settings for sale. I'm really just not into it anymore, so it will be easy to let it go.

I use vintage restaurantware for every day china. I've collected "Blue Plate Special" china platters that we love to use every day.

I love to collect one place setting of different china patterns that appeal to me. I have had many different sets of china that I have gotten rid of and will never get tired of collecting more. It's a divine madness. (And I never see it as clutter.){#emotions_dlg.laugh}