Honored Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@Carmie  This is exactly what the painters said.

In our area SW best line of paint is $70 a gallon, but yes they always have coupons.

The price per gallon is not the deciding factor for us it is coverage and wear-ability.  Since we are paying for labor time is $$  I am one of those people who eye goes to every flaw so when paint is uneven, pourous or streaky- I can see it a mile a away!

Side note SW was trying to purchase BM a few years ago but I do not know the outcome.....

M husband is picky about paint too. Lucky for me that he is a really good painter and is as neat as a pin.  He does a beautiful job.

After the new year, he is going to paint our master bedroom.  Right now it is painted a dark wine color with a yellow ceiling.  I know...my tastes have changed since the last time it was painted. It looked really nice with the bedding.  I got new bedding and need new wall color.

i want it painted with BM White Dove. We will need a good paint to cover that up.

Honored Contributor

I was a big fan of both Martha Stewart and Ralph Lauren. I really loved their colors and they did a great job of classifying them so that you could find all the ones in the same tone to work together.

I just had my entire house painted (they finished last week).  They used Benjamin Moore.  They used 2 coats, no primer.  It looks fantastic.  I did deep colors and the pigment is really rich.

They didn't break out the cost of the paint, just "materials" which included dry wall repair and caulking.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My house took 22 gallons of paint, total.  This was for closets, ceilings (which needed to be primed since most were never painted and still had what the builder put in 25 years ago), doors and miles of trim.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

We only use Benjamin Moore and Behr.  I've never had a problem with either.

BM Aura paint covers in one coat.  The color never fades or dulls and is easy to clean.  

Honored Contributor

Our house just got repainted last week and I am pretty sure they used Behr.  I'll have to look again at the can in the garage.

When we finished the basement a few months, the contractor preferred SW.  My mother is currently redoing the upstairs inside and she is using Behr in the same color as the SW used downstairs.  

I think they are both good quality.  

Honored Contributor

Re: House paint

[ Edited ]

I had more than one painter tell me that the quality of a paint depends on the color you choose. The pigments used in a paint will govern how well it will cover and hold up to the elements. So I would pick a color then go do some comparison shopping.

Honored Contributor

Good friend of mine is selling her home. Contractors just finished painting the entire inside of her house. Used SW. Looks gorgeous and fresh. 

My house has McCormick and we're matching it to SW. My #1 favorite, however, is Restoration Hardware. That's all we used until they closed the store near us. Best paint I have EVER used.

Esteemed Contributor

We only use Benjamin Moore Paints.  

Honored Contributor

My painters used the Benjamin Moore Regal Select.

I will say that I only smelled the ceiling paint and only when it was being applied, just a brief whiff of paint smell.  I was here for the whole two weeks of painting and really never smelled paint most of the time.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

We used to use Behr paint (when we were young and first bought our home).  We have switched to SW and won't go back to Behr.  SW is rather expensive so we only purchase when they have the 40% off sale.