Honored Contributor

Re: Having a curtain dilemma

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday

I LOVE that fall picture of everyone wearing blue.  What a memory for you all to have on display.  

Has your mom considered ivory curtains with texture?  Then they wouldn't seem as "plain," while still not competing with a patterned rug.  I'm a big fan of texture.  

BTW, if you have a bathroom directly off that room,  Pottery Barn has towels very much like that rug.  I have a feeling you all knew this already!Image result for pottery barn towels

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

That picture will be lovely over the fireplace. I had a photo done on canvas. My hairdresser is from Italy. He took a photo of his village looking out over the sea and I had it enlarged on canvas. It looks just like an oil painting.

I hope you don't mind a suggestion...

When the big picture is hung, please take the framed photos off the mantel. They will compete with the big piece.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2wrote:

That picture will be lovely over the fireplace. I had a photo done on canvas. My hairdresser is from Italy. He took a photo of his village looking out over the sea and I had it enlarged on canvas. It looks just like an oil painting.

I hope you don't mind a suggestion...

When the big picture is hung, please take the framed photos off the mantel. They will compete with the big piece.

Yes those will be removed. I think my mom is going to get a corner stand for the nook and put those on it with some plants.

Last thanksgiving when my sister came in on thanksgiving her and my other sister had pictures done. They then made a photo book and some ornaments made from Shutterfly. They also gave them a smaller canvas or another picture that is supposed to get hung today.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2

Interesting you should mention burlap curtains.  I just put burlap/jute valances in my kitchen and am loving them much more than I even expected to.

I got mine from an amazon seller but I think the Ballard's are a lot more elegant.

@ccassaday Apologies for interrupting with my kitchen, but these are the jute valances.  Anyway, you can get an idea of jute in a real home, not just in a catalog.DSCN0015 - Copy (2).JPG

Respected Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

@Ms tyrion2

Interesting you should mention burlap curtains.  I just put burlap/jute valances in my kitchen and am loving them much more than I even expected to.

I got mine from an amazon seller but I think the Ballard's are a lot more elegant.

@ccassaday Apologies for interrupting with my kitchen, but these are the jute valances.  Anyway, you can get an idea of jute in a real home, not just in a catalog.DSCN0015 - Copy (2).JPG

Very nice @GingerPeach!

I have the burlap fringed bedskirt from Ballards in my master bedroom.  A good friend has the curtains on a wall of Windows in her great room. I love the texture.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday

These are the natural color burlap curtains from Ballard Designs.  They also come in ivory.  Note the fringe at the bottom.  This is just fyi.  (I have no connection with Ballard Designs.)

Fringed Burlap Panel

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeachwrote:

@ccassaday

These are the natural color burlap curtains from Ballard Designs.  They also come in ivory.  Note the fringe at the bottom.  This is just fyi.  (I have no connection with Ballard Designs.)

Fringed Burlap Panel

@GingerPeach  I love those curtains!  I like the rug a lot too.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

This is where this one is going to go.

1410C2D7-8859-425F-A75B-A98983A10F8F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

@ccassaday

I LOVE that fall picture of everyone wearing blue.  What a memory for you all to have on display.  

Has your mom considered ivory curtains with texture?  Then they wouldn't seem as "plain," while still not competing with a patterned rug.  I'm a big fan of texture.  

BTW, if you have a bathroom directly off that room,  Pottery Barn has towels very much like that rug.  I have a feeling you all knew this already!Image result for pottery barn towels

@GingerPeach@ccassaday omg! I have these towels in the yellow color....They are so pretty and soft........

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So school was canceled today so we had my niece and nephew. When my sister came to pick up the kids she said she liked the curtains with the rug. She said though they look a little short. One side looks longer too. My dad used a laser so he knows they are the same height. My mom looked and they have a huge hem. So she is going to take the hem out and redo it it to make them a inch longer. My sistee didn’t think ivory would look good with the white trim. So my mom is keeping the curtains. She has really grown to like it with the rug the last few days.