Esteemed Contributor

Re: Having a curtain dilemma

@haddon9wrote:

I got beautiful ivory grommet top tone on tone curtain panels in "Moorish Tile" from Pier one.

I looked those up. They are really pretty. I will show those to my mom when she get back from walking the dog.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday . The nice thing about it is you can return them for a refund if they don't work for you!

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9wrote:

@ccassaday . The nice thing about it is you can return them for a refund if they don't work for you!

We have two pier ones also. So easy return if she orders them and needs to return them. I really like them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday . I have them in my living & dining rooms.  They are hung with a dark bronze rod.  (I love the contrast of the dark rod & light curtain) .

Good luck!  I know how frustrating it can be sometimes trying to mak everything work well!

Trusted Contributor

I think they work really well together. I really really like that look. Job well done👍🏼

Esteemed Contributor

Ok here here is a picture. Sorry about the glare. I think they look pretty good. But once we get the kids picture above the fireplace I am not sure. They are getting a picture of the kids that has a lot of orange and reds. It’s a picture of them last fall when the leaves were changing.

517D7946-0769-4E5D-8E58-B9DE4140E177.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Here is another picture.

D6A6A45A-1FB5-47C5-B3F9-C4861ABB2EFB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I have to say, my initial reaction was much too busy, and  the window treatment should be solid, but your real life picture really makes it seem ok. 

What color will the upholstered furniture be for this room when finished. That would be the true test. Hopefully solid and not print, and not in the brown/tan family?

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

I have to say, my initial reaction was much too busy, and  the window treatment should be solid, but your real life picture really makes it seem ok. 

What color will the upholstered furniture be for this room when finished. That would be the true test. Hopefully solid and not print, and not in the brown/tan family?

My mom is thinking she wants gray. She was going to do a side chair beside the fireplace in a print. I think she is leaning on taking these back. She loves them but still isn’t sold with the rug.

Honored Contributor

The floor looks like tones of gray.  Is that right?

Does your mom want any particular theme, nautical, country, modern, cottage, or whatever any of those terms may mean to her?

Considering the colors of the picture that will be what seems to be the focus of the room, maybe blue isn't the answer?  

How does the fireplace itself fit in with the direction she wants to go?  Does it go better with blues and grays or better with the warmer colors of the picture?

Lots to think about, it seems.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.