Trusted Contributor

I would prefer fabric chairs.  I like yellow as an accent color but not necessarily as a color for walls.  But, I do like the doors and the built in bookcase.  And, I like the trim around the fireplace and the trim around the windows and doors.  Yes, I would like a house that had a room such as this, with just a couple of changes. 

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma. Oh, yes!!!  Looks like a lovely spot to have a cuppa tea and read a good book.

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely!

Esteemed Contributor

I, personally, wouldn't decorate using this style but it is a very warm and inviting room.  I'm wondering just how comfortable the leather chairs would be though if you sat for any length of time to read, etc.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Definitely my style except the yellow walls.  Off white, ivory for me.  I prefer dark burgundy leather chairs, main rug color navy with burgundy border.  

Window needs curtains that tie in the rug colors.  

Yes, I'd sit there, but would like to see the rest of the room since it appears very narrow.  I might move the chairs.  Anyone ever sit that close to a burning fireplace?  Hot, hot.

Respected Contributor

I think the room is lovely.  There's nothing that I would change.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like the room, but the chairs look cold, being leather.  I would change them out and add curtains/drapes to soften the look.

Occasional Contributor

I would change the yellow wall color and chair. I don't find leather furniture comfortable. It makes me too hot or too cold. I would like a big oversized fabric chair with ottoman.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for masculine leather furniture but the paint color and bookshelf is nice. 

Honored Contributor

Absolutely! It's beautiful......