Honored Contributor

What do you think?

I love the color, big it’s too much teal for me. The room looks too matchy-matchy and forced. I like the sofa with the teal pillows. I don’t like the furry teal ottoman, coffee table, & printed chair. There’s too much artwork above the sofa - one or two prints would be plenty for me. I would not use teal lamps or accessories either. 

B5A46FF0-88C3-4005-B43E-B17F65DD75A7.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Way too much teal. I don't care for it.

Honored Contributor

@wilma. Let's get something straight...there's no such thing as too much teal.  Love, love, love anything turquoise,  teal, or aqua.  You ought to see MY house, inside and out.  Its brick trimmed in teal.  Teal accessories, art, upholstery.  Even my wardrobe and jewelry are strongly turquoise. 

That room is lovely.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Very pretty...not to sound like a dope but maybe if they space ws larger it wouldn't look like over-kill ???  Love the table, lose a lamp and furry ottoman

Frequent Contributor

I think it looks beautiful!

Respected Contributor

@wilma   I like it with the only reservation would be the furry cube.  Would probably select a different ottoman in the same teal family without the shag effect.  A linen or velvet texture would be nice.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

It looks cold and contrived:  more colors are needed here.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wilma. Let's get something straight...there's no such thing as too much teal.  Love, love, love anything turquoise,  teal, or aqua.  You ought to see MY house, inside and out.  Its brick trimmed in teal.  Teal accessories, art, upholstery.  Even my wardrobe and jewelry are strongly turquoise. 

That room is lovely.

@Kachina624 

I’m glad you love the room & the color. I love the color too. When we were looking for a new living room sofa last year, I saw a beautiful teal colored one in a furniture store. DH wasn’t so sure so we ended up with a neutral color instead. I always wish I could find more teal tops and sweaters too. Enjoy your teal surroundings! 

Valued Contributor

I agree @wilma that it looks "forced". I think @aroc3435 is correct with adding some texture! 

I like that all the basics are neutral. That room could take on a completely different look, rather easily, with swapping out the art/decor. 

Honored Contributor

The only things I don't like are the two stiff, formal vases next to the lamp.  I've got things that would fit in much better.  Good balance of color, pattern and texture.  Well planned room.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment