Honored Contributor

My favorite color.  I would have even liked the floor lamp to be teal.  Just don't like furry anything, make that ottoman in flat fabric, perhaps in the Moroccan print the throw and pillow are in.

Respected Contributor

Re: Too Much Teal?

[ Edited ]

I like everything but the ottoman & the pillow with the fur.

Esteemed Contributor

That is a whole lotta teal.😄 I would eliminate the furry pillow and ottoman and find a more contemporary upholstry for the chair. I would introduce a few more colors--one being gold (see pillow below). I would replace all artwork and hang a huge abstract over the sofa--lots of white background, but include teal, gold, lime green and either (or all) fuscia, red or orange. Lamps would be replaced with contempory brass.   So basically I would keep 2 teal pillows.🤣🤣🤣

honey+gold2.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wilma.  Is this too much teal?

20201028_180211.png

@Kachina624 

Beautiful photo. Where is this? 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@wilma.  Is this too much teal?

20201028_180211.png

@Kachina624 

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@wilma.  I ran across this picture several years ago and can't remember where it was.  Either these people have a real penchant for teal or they found a great paint sale.  They're MY kind of people, wherever they are.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@wilma. Its in Spain.

20201029_144957.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I do love the color teal, and I can understand what you are feeling, @wilma at the same time.  While I would enjoy that room for several months, after that time, I would likely want to change out the art on the wall (which is too generic and/or modern for my taste), the teal lamp and that furry cushion/ottoman. and all of the teal pillows.  The patterned chair could stay.  

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

I don't mind the teal color but it's a tad too much.  Like you, I don't like the furry ottoman or sofa pillow - get rid of all the art & replace.  Also, don't care for the "trendy" paisley chair.  Maybe replace with a different pattern.  Think I'd get tired of the teal coffee table & instead use a warmer color.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree, too much teal!  I don't care for the matching artwork, and the look of the lamps and vases on the side table.  The style of the side table to my eye doesn't match the rest of the room.  The coffee table is nice, but I would choose a different color.  I don't care for the pattern of these pillows.  The fur and color blocking I'm OK with.