Honored Contributor

Re: Go Bold With Color

[ Edited ]

@sometimesQVCaddict wrote:
This isn't "bold color" to me first of all. HA There is color definitely which to me is a good thing, but nothing over the top. I like that they have individual style as someone else mentioned besides boring same old, same old. And who cares if you mix patterns or heaven forbid different animals! It's more eclectic chic to me. It also looks more personalized to the owner instead of a bland photo shoot room which never look lived in (even if staged).

@sometimesQVCaddict   I agree.  While I knew this would not be a lot of people's favorite style, I realize that it does have what you called "individual style"!  That's exactly what I was thinking when I posted it.  There are some people here who are much braver than I and it suites their personalities, so I try to find things that even that one person might like.  

My personal thoughts ....this would be a cute young teens room if it were a bedroom.  I also love the blue sofa and I really like that rug with it.

Yesterday I watched Home Town.  Ben and Erin Napier designed a home around a young woman who was a perky, bubbly, sweet, young lady who loved pinks and yellows.  I thought of that when I posted this. That home turned out so cheerful and pretty (although a bit softer) and really reflected this young ladies personality..    

Valued Contributor
Well we all like different things that's for sure! And luckily everyone can decorate to their hearts content on what makes them happy, right?

If I walked into a space & didn't like it, I'd keep my mouth shut unless asked for an opinion (and might focus on 1 accessory or color I like to make it seem positive & not hurt their feelings). If it's a general question to the masses & we're all anonymous to a degree...than I can be more honest! Smiley Happy or if it's someone I trust or close family. Lol
Honored Contributor

There is no piece to hold the room down.  The ugly coffee table is trying but is still too lightweight to make it.  Maybe the dust on it will do the job eventually.  

Trusted Contributor

I am sooo tired of pink and blue home decor.  It's been around since 1980...is it ever going to go away?

Honored Contributor

Aside from the couch there isn't anything else I like.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

While not my particular style, I find it interesting, and most of all, appreciate that it is not cookie-cutter, but gives off an individualized personality.

The confident color mixing, the peacock print, the orchid, zebra, etc.,  give me a vibe of youthful, exuberant, vaguely Parisian influence.   A pruning of the accessories would give it more punch, but I find it whimsical and happy. 

@Oznell 

You have got to be the most diplomatic person I've ever encountered.  Heart

I'd prune everything off those tables and a few pillows.  And then I'd burn those drapes.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Ha ha, @just bee , I promise I'm not being diplomatic at all!  I definitely can appreciate the overall feeling created in this room, which is, sort of as identifiable as 'eclectic' with a Parisian bent.  The definitely feminine and youthful exuberance resulted, to my eye, in a few too many accessories, but that's easily remedied... 

Esteemed Contributor

This reminds me of how Karen and Mina (HGTV GOOD Bones) decorate.....all white and/or neutrals with pops of color.  I'm just not into that look.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Headache.

Honored Contributor

Not for me. no!