Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Re: Go Bold With Color

[ Edited ]

All I had to see upon opening this one was the, (sorry, but ugly to me) splayed leg midcentury side chairs and I knew I just needed to move on. Interestingly enough, there's something I sort of like about the coffee table and can maybe half-way tolerate the sofa, though I'd not choose it. I can even take the magenta and gold pillows, but the side table, the remaining pillows, the peacock art and the table top decor are all pretty dreadful in my book.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I love color but this is a mish mosh to my eyes.  I do like the peacock picture though.  

Honored Contributor

@jubilant I love the color of the sofa and that is all. It's a mess.

Esteemed Contributor

just a mess......imo.....

Trusted Contributor

A very dated room, IMO. Nothing looks comfortable or coordinated. Well, maybe in one instance:  that peacock picture was probably acquired because it "matched" the couch color. (A sadly popular decorating concept in the 1970's.) This room was put together by someone with little talent and then abandoned for the next 50 years. Ugh. 

Honored Contributor

Personally, I do not like anything about this room.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Alligator, zebra, peacock?  Table too big for the room. Don't like anything except the orchid.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I like all the color but not all the stuff on that table----hopefully that is just for the photos----just pretty and happy to me.

Honored Contributor

I like the sofa color.

I would replace the peacock, throw pillows, and end tables. and remove most of the stuff on the coffee table.

I would give this room a cottage or coastal look with the pretty color sofa.