Respected Contributor

Are ginger jars out of fashion? Particularly the blue and white ones?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ginger jars

[ Edited ]

@traveler wrote:

Are ginger jars out of fashion? Particularly the blue and white ones?

NEVER! I have gotten many from Pier One...love them..they're timeless!! VPH has some smalller ones too. Heart

https://www.qvc.com/Set-of-%282%29-6%22-Iluminated-Color-Reverse-Ginger-Jar-Urns-by-Valerie.product....

https://www.qvc.com/10%22-Porcelain-Colo

r-Reverse-Illuminated-Ginger-Jar-Urn-by-Valerie.product.H211680.html?sc=SRCH

Just an FYI...read the reviews first...I think the larger one has the better reviews..I'm very tempted..! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@traveler 

Not IMO and obviously others, as I see them in a variety of decorating mags and websites.

I'm especially drawn to the blue and white!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Ginger jars

[ Edited ]

I was looking at a small square one at Pier 1 but now it is gone. Not much selection now. Probably Christmas space needed.

Respected Contributor

@emmysmomI agree.  They never go out of style.  Lots of people collect these jars and vases.  I guess some people don't care for them, but I luv them in home decor.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I hope not! We have a lot I bought when I taught in Japan. I also bought a red and white one here from Valerie. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

To me, they are timeless. While they might not be a current 'trend' in home decor (though they likely will be again) they will never be out of style. Trends will come and go but some things will always be considered beautiful.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@traveler wrote:

I was looking at a small square one at Pier 1 but now it is gone. Not much selection now. Probably Christmasspace needed.

Hopefully they'll get more in! Heart

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I hope not! We have a lot I bought when I taught in Japan. I also bought a red and white one here from Valerie. Smiley Happy

Very COOL!!!!!!! Woman Happy

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

No, @traveler,  they're a classic.  The most beautiful houses, esp. traditional ones, more often than not, have them.  I think they lend an exalted, ethereal note.  Especially when they are grouped together for maximum impact.

I only have two of the ginger jars, (that I got over 25 years ago) but also have a few other Asian blue-and-white items to bolster them with-- they all look good together.