Honored Contributor

For those who expressed a liking for luster glass in our recent discussion of the Peony vase with sparkle branches QVC offers, I've noticed other, less pricey examples around.

Our local Marshall's had some sizeable, rustic, luster glass lanterns with a metal insert that holds a tea light, and a metal handle.

I just love the iridescent shimmer of luster glass.  Reminds me of vintage carnival glass.  The Pioneer Woman makes some things with it too. 

I couldn't find the Marshall's image online of the lantern, but Walmart has some pretty samples also.  This simple, pink luster glass vase (or small hurricane for a candle) from Walmart was not only iridescent, it was swirled:

a1b5de8b-8d08-407d-8ff0-5a5648f4fd5e_1.462ab7bbf6329513ab9d38a383a8c072.jpeg

They call it pink, but I can see other lovely colors swirling through.  

Honored Contributor

Re: MORE SHIMMERY LUSTER GLASS

That is a very pretty vase and besides pink I see purple/blue in it.  Luster glass is so appealing and placed in different areas of a room stand out.

I have the peony luster glass with sparkle branches.  After you, oznell, posted the information, I thought about it.  When I read the reviews I read a few arrived broken and it was said the packaging wasn't adequate.  I took a chance and the vase arrived safely but could have been better protected. It is very pretty and the branches enhance.  I will be putting in different foliage for the seasons..  

However, I agree about Marshall's having lovely vases of all shapes and sizes and at reasonable prices, also Home Goods has the same. You can find some nice pieces in local stores and not spend a lot but have a vase which looks like you did.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

For those who expressed a liking for luster glass in our recent discussion of the Peony vase with sparkle branches QVC offers, I've noticed other, less pricey examples around.

Our local Marshall's had some sizeable, rustic, luster glass lanterns with a metal insert that holds a tea light, and a metal handle.

I just love the iridescent shimmer of luster glass.  Reminds me of vintage carnival glass.  The Pioneer Woman makes some things with it too. 

I couldn't find the Marshall's image online of the lantern, but Walmart has some pretty samples also.  This simple, pink luster glass vase (or small hurricane for a candle) from Walmart was not only iridescent, it was swirled:

@Oznell     I am just loving the lustration glass now that I have seen it in person especially.   I am so enjoying the 2 luster vases with the sparkle branches that i certainly would be interested in more.  I really like the vase you have posted above ,  like how it swirls as well.    Will have to keep my eyes open when I am shopping,   Going to Homegoods /Marshall's Monday .  thanks for posting 😺

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell     I am just loving the lustration glass now that I have seen it in person especially.   I am so enjoying the 2 luster vases with the sparkle branches that i certainly would be interested in more.  I really like the vase you have posted above ,  like how it swirls as well.    Will have to keep my eyes open when I am shopping,   Going to Homegoods /Marshall's Monday .  thanks for posting 😺

@Oznell @Oh I wanted to add ,  yes I agree it does remind me of carnival glass ,  I have some Fenton glass with that application .   In fact it's been packed away for a long time I must go and dig it out ....forgot all about it !

Honored Contributor

It looks pearlescent...beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Whew, I'm so glad, @spiderw and @Kitty Galore,  that your Peony vases arrived intact and are pretty.   I think it is a terrific deal for the sheer drama and versatility that you get!

@SilleeMee--  Your term  "pearlescent" is exactly the right word for that Walmart vase I posted--  the play of color is almost like the way light plays on the nacre of a pearl....

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Whew, I'm so glad, @spiderw and @Kitty Galore,  that your Peony vases arrived intact and are pretty.   I think it is a terrific deal for the sheer drama and versatility that you get!

@SilleeMee--  Your term  "pearlescent" is exactly the right word for that Walmart vase I posted--  the play of color is almost like the way light plays on the nacre of a pearl....

That's exactly the perfect way to explain what it looks like "pearlescent" and "nacre of a pearl".   Very beautiful!!😺

Respected Contributor

Color looks like aurora borealis.