Honored Contributor

I don't know Chloe Fineman, since I never watch "Saturday Night Live".   But, she is lucky enough to have a relatively spacious Greenwich Village apartment, and a developed taste that is her own, not cookie cutter, and that fits rather well with her setting.

Of course, I predictably love the eclecticism of her green velvet couch, with the tribal basket and moody marble table.  She said the painting, vigorously awash with color, was done by her sister.

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 10.24.41 PM.png

When she was looking for a rental apartment, she typed in "brick, one bedroom"--   since the presence of brick was something she desperately wanted.  I understand that desire!

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 10.09.01 PM.png

More of that soulful brick.  Love her low-slung fluted console, and her rug.  Look at the ceiling's crown molding, reflected in the mirror--

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 9.48.47 PM.png

Another of the appealing aspects of her design style, for me, is her incorporation of Art Deco furniture and other touches-- like this curvy vintage chair--

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 10.04.18 PM.png

More Art Deco!   In the form of a "stepped" coffee table in another corner of the apartment.  Oh, that table, doesn't it have a Chrysler Building feeling?   Adore it.   She also says she has a 'velvet problem', hence another velvet couch.

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 9.53.58 PM.png

Her club chairs are even an interesting, textured velvet.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 8.41.28 AM.png

Not wanting white, she was allowed by her landlord to paint her bedroom in a toasty color.  The small room seems so cozy-- with the added benefit of French doors.  I can't help wondering about security?  Hope there is a good alarm system!

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 10.06.32 PM.png

This seems like an unusually roomy New York apartment kitchen--  and again, the light is dreamy.

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 8.49.49 AM.png

Architectural Digest keeps calling her apartment "Paris-inspired",  and I can see that, especially with the French Deco accents. 

But overall, her style strikes me as sort of "feminine library eclectic",  with her gorgeous vintage rugs, marble, velvets and other superlative fabrics, and the mix of sober antiques with little hits of modernism.

Enviable little dog, too.

Screenshot 2023-05-21 at 9.52.29 PM.png

Honored Contributor

Re: GREENWICH VILLAGE APARTMENT

It looks lovely and fitting with her taste and style. I'm glad she was able to find something she loved and it does seem quite spacious. Thank you for sharing these photos @Oznell.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Oznell     As always, love the puppy.  Thanks for posting.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

I like it a lot, and her decor and furnishings go with the space so well.

Honored Contributor

That is a gorgeous apartment, she has amazing taste !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

That was fun to look through!

I like her velvet couches esp the green one and no.1 her cute dog!

Also the mirrors, and that pretty lamp on the console. The kitchen is so nice too with lots of light.

She looks so happy and at home in her space.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Beautiful but also comfy which I like.

Trusted Contributor

Love that apartment! Especially the brick wall, stunning decor.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Nice apartment!  She has great taste.