Respected Contributor

Re: Elegant, Dark Neutral Seating and Entertaining Space...

NOT my style.   Looks like a hotel.

Honored Contributor

I’m not crazy about all the furniture pieces, but the dark wood looks “rich” to me. I think the dark & light browns look good together. I don’t like the grey pillows though.

I would substitute some colorful pillows. The lighter ceiling & windows really helps offset the dark walls. 

Honored Contributor

I think this is a very attractive space. 

I would love to see the sofa, chairs, and stools done in the same off white fabric as the drapes..or even a very very pale gray, extremely light blue (almost white with a hint of blue), or very very pale sage.

Honored Contributor

I like it, with the exception of the wall sconces on either side of the bar. I know they match the chandelier, but I still don't like them. I could entertain and live with this space with no problem.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

It looks nice, but I could never live with those dark walls and wood.  I like the floor.

Honored Contributor

It's very dark and over-powering!  Nope -- this is a hard pass for me!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Well, since I generally run cloudy, to partly cloudy, the dark works for me. It IS elegant, but it's the bar that takes it to the next level. It's gorgeous. I can only imagine entertaining there. I bet that liquor is all Top Shelf, too.

@BlueFinch  I feel the same way ,  I too tend to run cloudy I even like  when daylight saving time ends and it gets dark at 5:00 pm!   Most people I know hate it  😁   I love the room and especially that bar ,  very elegant and glamorous I think ,   totally agree.

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@BlueFinch wrote:

Well, since I generally run cloudy, to partly cloudy, the dark works for me. It IS elegant, but it's the bar that takes it to the next level. It's gorgeous. I can only imagine entertaining there. I bet that liquor is all Top Shelf, too.

@BlueFinch  I feel the same way ,  I too tend to run cloudy I even like  when daylight saving time ends and it gets dark at 5:00 pm!   Most people I know hate it  😁   I love the room and especially that bar ,  very elegant and glamorous I think ,   totally agree.

@Kitty Galore Oh good, I'm so glad I have company with my cloudy, dark preferences. Must just be the way were wired. 

Honored Contributor

With the exception of the color, I like everything about this room.  If it were a different color scheme, something lighter and appealing, it would be for me.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@BlueFinch wrote:

@BlueFinch  @Kitty Galore  I agree with you both. It's a moody space and occasionally a moody space, done right, really resonates with me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...