Super Contributor

Re: Elegant, Dark Neutral Seating and Entertaining Space...

I think it's very elegant, especially the bar.  But I really don't like the color of that couch.  It's just kind of a "dead" brown.  Makes it look lifeless.

Man plans. God laughs.
Valued Contributor

Well done.  I wouldn't choose these colors for my home but space is well decorated. The floor to ceiling windows provide enough light to keep the room from feeling too dark.  The white ceiling provides a much needed contrast to the dark walls.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's pretty much a conceptual space and, for me, an interesting one. Pretty clearly, they limited their palette to black, grey, brown and white... Somehow, I personally think they made it work, though I'm not sure about its livability over the long haul... I find the beautifully done herringbone hardwood floors and the lighting fixtures to also be very appealing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I love the rich, warm darker walls and the bar.  It's the furniture style that I don't care for whatsoever.  Those windows are beautiful also.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I am so not a dark wood person.  IMO, I feel the dust shows even more on a dark surface.   As others stated, I do love that bar, whoa, who's opening the wine????

I would keep the bar dark as it gives it character.  I would however, have to lighten up the walls maybe more subdued to match the floors.

Honored Contributor

It's way to dark for me.

Honored Contributor

I call dibs on the wing chair--the only comfortable seat in the shot.

I don't mind the formal look at all.  I don't mind the dark colors.  But I want to sit comfortably and I'd want my guests to be comfortable.

Honored Contributor

Must be a lot of drinking going on.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Normally, I am not drawn to  dark furniture or walls ect, however this looks very  unique  and pleasing to me My husband would like it  as a change from all the feminine colorfull  decore  in my home. Very  masculine  and has  many large windows  which is why I do like  the rooms.

Honored Contributor

I think it's a beautiful space but I am not fond of walls that dark, nor do I love the furniture.  The open floor plan keeps it from feeling too closed in, but it's not really for me.  However, I can see how someone would love it.